News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Finished Pedal

Started by beneharris, February 03, 2018, 12:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beneharris

Hi guys, things have been crazy lately, so its been a while since I've posted, or even done anything. But, I made a deal with myself, that I'd have a finished product to try to get into the local music stores by this summer. I've had the board designed and built, etc for a long time. So I freshened up the artwork, added a logo, and had some enclosures professionally done, since I can't seem to get a good etch to save my life. Anyway, here it is. There are a couple of small things to tidy up, like the final color of the LED, I can't decide between white and red. Also the knobs, I think I like these best, but want them to be slightly larger. It is going to the owner of a local store on Monday to test for a week or so, and he's going to let me know whether he'll carry them for me. Here's hoping.

HamSandwich

Cool! Good luck. I like I red.

Who's doing your enclosures?

beneharris

Quote from: HamSandwich on February 03, 2018, 12:17:53 PM
Cool! Good luck. I like I red.

Who's doing your enclosures?

Thanks. I had Pedal Parts Plus do them for me. I'm happy with the quality, and I'll probably use them again. The one thing I'm not happy with is each time you order there is a $25 art fee. They won't just do it once if you plan to reorder, but its each time. So if I am able to sell the 5 I made, I'm going to order in a much larger quantity, or find someone else to do them.

jubal81

Looks great. Love the shade of green and the white.

My picks would be an Amber LED and white MXR knobs.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

blearyeyes

Quote from: jubal81 on February 03, 2018, 12:49:57 PM
Looks great. Love the shade of green and the white.

My picks would be an Amber LED and white MXR knobs.
Amber LED is a good idea.  Since it's Timberline the green is good. i like those knobs I got a  batch of those on sale a while ago. I think they almost make any pedal look pro. of course that is my just HO.

blearyeyes

White MXR is a good idea as as well for knobs

beneharris

Ah yes, white MXR knobs. Why didn't I think of that. I think those would be perfect.

I had originally chose these chrome knobs when I was going to do an etch, since it was bare metal.

The timberline is kind of a double meaning. I live at 7,000 feet, and from my window I can see the timberline of the San Fransisco peaks. Also, this is an octave fuzz, so it kind of made sense.

diablochris6

Very clean looking. I would probably lean towards a white LED to fill in the dark area of the moon that the LED occupies. I also vote for the white MXR knobs!

Best of luck getting it sold in stores. Is this circuit based on something, or is it original?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

beneharris

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 03, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
Very clean looking. I would probably lean towards a white LED to fill in the dark area of the moon that the LED occupies. I also vote for the white MXR knobs!

Best of luck getting it sold in stores. Is this circuit based on something, or is it original?

Thanks for the tip. It is definitely based on something, though I have modified it. Its an Octavia. Just with Ge and Si transistors, 2 different diode selections, and an octave switch. I've tweaked some values, too. Nothing major, but I don't know of any others doing transistor switching.

gordo

Very nice looking!  I'm a white guy and I'm a white guy but green would look pretty cool.  I like the idea of MXR white knobs too.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Leevibe

Looking fantastic Ben. Good luck man! I say white LED with a big enough CLR to keep it from being blinding.

drsteel

Looks great! Very professional. I like the aluminum knobs you have, but I see how white would compliment the color scheme.

You've probably already noted this, but to my eye the "Fuzz" label is in a smaller font size than "Volume." (just trying to be helpful—it still looks great!)

beneharris

Quote from: drsteel on February 05, 2018, 04:21:28 AM
Looks great! Very professional. I like the aluminum knobs you have, but I see how white would compliment the color scheme.

You've probably already noted this, but to my eye the "Fuzz" label is in a smaller font size than "Volume." (just trying to be helpful—it still looks great!)

Dammit. I never noticed that, thanks!

I'll go into inkscape and make sure. I thought I triple checked, but maybe I missed it!

Philtre

Quote from: beneharris on February 05, 2018, 11:37:29 AM
Quote from: drsteel on February 05, 2018, 04:21:28 AM

Dammit. I never noticed that, thanks!

I'll go into inkscape and make sure. I thought I triple checked, but maybe I missed it!

But that's because the Volume is 1 louder.