News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What is your favorite King of TXXX board?

Started by blearyeyes, February 05, 2018, 04:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

What is your favorite King of TXXX board?

I'm thinkin O building 1

jimilee

Double take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

blearyeyes

Yea, I googled it. 
Keefe makes good stuff!

thesmokingman

I prefer the aion cerulean ... the jfet boost at the end of the circuit is nice to have. plus I don't really need two bluesbreakers in a box
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

blearyeyes

I found a Deadringer 2 in my PCB pile..hmm. Has anyone built one of these? Looks like It has a jfet boost..

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

somnif

I've never really had the chance to play with the dual-bluesbreaker style circuit before, so I wonder how different the various flavors out there are. I had a Double-Take board that I never got around to building, so I PIF'd it this past Christmas.

Mostly from what I've gleaned its one of those pedals that plays best with tube amps, and my cheapo solid state modeller likely wouldn't be all that spectacular with one in front.

blearyeyes

Yea I have a cheap Bugera V22 copy of a Peavey. Hey if I was Chinese or German and was going to make a knock off of a tube amp I wouldn’t pick a Peavey would I ? I’ve  a Vox AC-15HWCX as well so I’m going to have to figure out how this all fits together.. Sorta like having Tom Jones and Porky Pig in the room..

Jouve

I've built rullywow Queen of Bone 2 with russian D9 diodes for a friend's birthday. I liked the way it turned out.
https://soundcloud.com/sportloto82/kot?in=sportloto82/sets/sssss

stringsthings

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 05, 2018, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: alanp on February 05, 2018, 08:34:49 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on February 05, 2018, 05:14:15 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 05, 2018, 04:40:15 PM
Double take

Who what where ?

I see what you did there.
I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

ahh yes .... but remember ...

We mustn't forget that: "The beggar who is sitting in the marketplace is completely deaf insomuch as far as listening to the song that is coming from the mockingbird is concerned."

:)
All You Need Is Love

GrindCustoms

...a 2012 build... Dual Goat boards with different voicings....

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/