News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smallbear you clever bastards...

Started by Aristatertotle, February 10, 2018, 02:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristatertotle

I received a Smallbear order today and at first was a little bit bummed out to see how small the package was. I order two enclosures, 18 or so pots, and some miscellaneous ICs. At first I thought to myself, "Well crap, did they forgot something?"

Open the box, only see the two enclosures. :'(

But wait! These enclosures are heavier than they should be!

There are two things I particularly enjoy about this packing job. The components were all protected very well, and this is the most efficient use of a USPS flat rate package I've ever seen. These fit like a glove in the box.

I imagine the person who was packing this order looked at the pile of components next to the enclosures and had one of those moments where they thought to themselves, "Nah, there's no way that'll work." scratched their head a bit and continued, "But maybe..."

The ICs and the other smaller things I ordered were in the other one.

Don't know if you all find this as amusing as I do, but obviously I'm tickled.  ;D

alanp

Heh, they've done that to me in the past! Quite cunning, yeah :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

I wish they HAD done that with my last order, got charged 15$ shipping on a 7$ flat rate box and its left me grumpy.

I mean I still shop there, I just do so with a grumpy look on my face.  >:(

pickdropper

Quote from: somnif on February 10, 2018, 03:58:33 AM
I wish they HAD done that with my last order, got charged 15$ shipping on a 7$ flat rate box and its left me grumpy.

I mean I still shop there, I just do so with a grumpy look on my face.  >:(

I asked about that years ago and they were upfront that they included extra there to cover the cost of their labor (packaging it and shipping it out); it wasn't just the published cost of the shipping.  It's possible that their policies have changed, but it doesn't look like it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

HamSandwich

That's awesome. Humanizes the online webshopping experience.