News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two effects in one box with boost after main effect

Started by Guzz, February 14, 2018, 06:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guzz

I'm trying to figure out the switching needed for two effects in one box. The first one would be the main effect, the second one would be the boost, but the boost has to be AFTER the main effect.

This is what I came up with:

Would this work ? (I didn't bother with LEDs while drawing this, but I plan to add them later)

Thanks.

sonnyboy27

You could just wire both to standard true bypass. Just run the output wire from the effect into the input jack connection of the boost.

Check out this diagram. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-T8OdqPmP_2Q/UG3WZyt28aI/AAAAAAAAC5U/lTz0RyZXAG8/s1600/!Offboard+wiring+-+dual.png

You would wire the boost as the effect on the left. Then you could run both pedals independently.

Guzz

I was going to do that, but I want one switch to be able to bypass the effect completely, wether the boost is on or not. With the standard true bypass wiring you would need two taps to go from boosted effect to clean signal.

The wiring I'm trying to achieve lets me choose between boost or not even if the whole pedal is bypassed. This allows for smooth transitions, no weird volume and gain difference if I ever need two switch both the boost and the main effect on or off.

sonnyboy27

That makes sense. From tracing it I believe that wiring setup should work the way you want it to.