News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neat idea for simple PCB vice

Started by jubal81, February 20, 2018, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

That is pretty neat! Simple and efficient, loving it!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

chromesphere

I had someone from gearbest send me a similar thing, its a magnetic board with some column clampy things like in your link that stick to the board.   I think they wanted me to review it on my youtube channel but I ended up declining.  Seemed like a good idea for smd but not so useful for through hole (99% of what I do).

Edit: Oh yeah that's right, I just remembered.  I kept asking myself, even for smd, is this a better solution them bluetac? 

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

Quote from: chromesphere on February 20, 2018, 05:31:26 PM
Edit: Oh yeah that's right, I just remembered.  I kept asking myself, even for smd, is this a better solution them bluetac?

My experience is that sticking a SMD board on something heavy (a 125B works fine) with blu-tack is all the PCB holder I need.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

somnif

Quote from: alanp on February 20, 2018, 09:29:47 PM
My experience is that sticking a SMD board on something heavy (a 125B works fine) with blu-tack is all the PCB holder I need.

I just tape the boards to my table....

chromesphere

Quote from: alanp on February 20, 2018, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: chromesphere on February 20, 2018, 05:31:26 PM

For some reason this stuff isn't popular in the US and other parts of the world so for those that don't know what we are talking about, see links below

If your going to try it get the bostick blu tack, theres imitation brands but they are more 'plastic' and can melt and make a huge mess.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=bostik+blu+tack&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0ybz9jrjZAhVHoZQKHetEA2kQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=934

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube