News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

KoT clone again

Started by Adam_DIY, February 11, 2018, 01:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

I needed a new kot I sold my last clone cause I really wanted top mounted jacks and saw fuzzdog has a new one with a charge pump... It would have been rude not to. 

When I came to box it up though the tone pots were fouling on the volume and gain pots so it wouldn't fit in my enclosure.  I'd used the build doc drill temp in gimp without measuring which is entirely my own fault so I emailed Lee to let him know it needed adjusting incase someone else has this issue.  I got two emails back one to say thanks for letting him know he'd look into it and another to say those drill points should have been 4mm lower and I could try 9mm pots if I wanted to salvage my enclosure.  The really great thing is he popped 2 in the post free of charge which turned up 2 days later.

Thankfully it all went together fine this time. 

BrianS

Finish looks really nice.  Great job.

gordo

Nice build, cool graphics and I like the boards.  Dual opto's for bypass, very nice.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Adam_DIY

It was a pretty easy build but I had my first dry joint ever and it was damn near inaccessible between both boards.  Finding it with the probe was ok but getting a soldering iron in there was a pig of a job. 

diablochris6

Great job, and great salvaging it from a mistake. I love the ring of "The Guild of Calamitous Intent."
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

stringsthings

Very nice build, inside and out.  Bonus points for Venture Bros. graphics.
All You Need Is Love

Adam_DIY

I've made a few Queen of Tone builds now and Dr Girlfriend Just seems appropriate everytime.