News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Voodoo Child

Started by blearyeyes, February 19, 2018, 04:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Not one to post builds, but I've been trying to up my game a bit. With the help of Keefe etching the faceplate for me ( I couldn't get a clean transfer..next one!) and using Brejna's wonderful Pangea board I've finished it. I had an issue trying to get the LED to work on the board and while mucking about I blew up the switching circuit. So after pulling the pedal apart (I did have it working out of the box!) I had to switch over to standard bypass. At that point I gave up on hiding the wiring and just put it where it worked. So a bit of spaghetti is present. The Symmetry control was, I thought, acting funny (but I don't know why, scuse me while I kiss the sky.. sorry. Rabbit!) when with the help of a few generous madbeaners I figured out that I had the rotary washer for speed control set in the wrong spot. Gotta love those stupid mistakes.  Anyway I'm really happy at how it came out and hope to build better pedals.

mjg

Nice - looks very classy.

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

EBK

I love everything except the spelling of "chile" as "child".  ;)  Amazing looking build!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

somnif

Quote from: EBK on February 19, 2018, 11:16:45 AM
I love everything except the spelling of "chile" as "child". 

Gotta avoid those copyright trolls somehow!  :P

gordo

That looks excellent.  I'm not sure I'd even attempt an etch with that much detail.  Keefe's the master of that.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

bsoncini

That's a sweet looking pedal. Glad you got it figured out. You left yourself just enough room for the expression jack, which I highly recommend.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

blearyeyes

Quote from: bsoncini on February 19, 2018, 02:21:36 PM
That's a sweet looking pedal. Glad you got it figured out. You left yourself just enough room for the expression jack, which I highly recommend.

I was thinking the same thing.

blearyeyes

Quote from: somnif on February 19, 2018, 11:33:22 AM
Quote from: EBK on February 19, 2018, 11:16:45 AM
I love everything except the spelling of "chile" as "child". 

Gotta avoid those copyright trolls somehow!  :P

I'm lousy at art so it's all swiping others talent at this point. I'm trying to inlist my sons girlfriend who is an extraordinary artist but I think she is avoiding me. Who doesn't like to work for free? I also lack Bean's penchant for naming stuff.

blearyeyes

I don’t know if I like the knobs. Now that I've proved to myself I can make a "Classy” looking pedal that can only be stomped on while wearing socks, I guess I should go for a more practical design. I've never been one to let reality get in the way..hehe.