News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build docs coming soon…

Started by jjjimi84, January 26, 2019, 08:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

After being awake for 24 hours and having a horrible night at work I thought of this and laughed my ass off, it's the little things.

File this under jokes only pedal builders would understand.

On a serious note thank you to all of the pcb suppliers that keep my wallet in a constant state of emptiness.

gordo

Funny.  I've just accepted the fact that the docs are coming long after I've finished the pedal.  Hasn't slowed me down a lick.

In a non related CCR story I won a pedal from Premier Guitar when I sent in a letter of the month saying that I though it was interesting that Fogerty looked BETTER than he did in the 70's where as Paul Stanley, in an ad a few pages over was posing with his cheeks drawn in and it looked like he was trying to suck-start a lawn mower.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Quote from: gordo on January 26, 2019, 04:39:16 PM
Funny.  I've just accepted the fact that the docs are coming long after I've finished the pedal.  Hasn't slowed me down a lick.

In a non related CCR story I won a pedal from Premier Guitar when I sent in a letter of the month saying that I though it was interesting that Fogerty looked BETTER than he did in the 70's where as Paul Stanley, in an ad a few pages over was posing with his cheeks drawn in and it looked like he was trying to suck-start a lawn mower.
That quote deserves a free pedal... :)
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: cooder on January 26, 2019, 05:53:45 PM
Quote from: gordo on January 26, 2019, 04:39:16 PM

That quote deserves a free pedal... :)

Agreed on the free pedal, I had an opportunity to see Fogerty at Northerly Island in Chicago a few years back and being a huge fan I thought it might kinda suck and be a nostalgic money grab. I was completely blown away! he was singing and playing his ass off and at one point started two handed tapping, it was crazy.

As for the docs, I am with you, it hasn't stopped me one bit. Super pumped about the new Schumann PLL board.

somnif

Bit of an aside, but I recently watched a video about the album that song is from.

"Train Wreck" would be putting it lightly.  ;D

Bio77

Props to the CCR.  Never hoird a band similar :o

jjjimi84

Quote from: somnif on January 26, 2019, 08:25:00 PM
Bit of an aside, but I recently watched a video about the album that song is from.

"Train Wreck" would be putting it lightly.  ;D

Fogerty talks about it in his biography and it is pretty crazy. His book sheds light on that whole situation and the break up of that band.