News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fudging pots. How do you halve a pots resistance?

Started by blearyeyes, February 17, 2018, 10:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Thanks for all the info.
I wish I knew how to test it without a scope.
My ears tell me it's not functioning properly.

blearyeyes

Triangle mode and sine mode?
Did you switch between them?

I'm in a constant state of confusion. Hopefully my brain will return to functioning soon....

blearyeyes

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 18, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Triangle mode and sine mode?
Did you switch between them?

I'm in a constant state of confusion. Hopefully my brain will return to functioning soon....

OK speed switch is 6 throw. I have it set for 3.
Do'h!

bsoncini

Maybe someone else who has this pedal will chime in. But like I said mine works like that too.

If you think about it like I said before. Going to one pin you have a 39k and the other 68k. Equal resistance on both pins is symmetrical.  With a 50k pot between them. So one extreme of the pot you have 39k + 50k = 89k and 68k on the othet. Not a huge difference. So not extremely assymetrical. So the sweep on that side of the pot doesn't change much. On the other is 68k + 50k = 118k vs 39k on the other. Much more assymetrical and the sweep is a little more noticable.

Why it changes the speed of the lfo I don't know.

blearyeyes

When I switched the speed control to 6 positions and listened to the sine wave it's fine. I buttoned it up and put on the faceplate. Oh Yea baby I'm Jimi Hendrix incarnate! It is working in conjunction with the bias and speed controls. I think I'll build one of those little Chinese scopes for this kind of thing and read the docs hehe....

blearyeyes