News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Request: Harbinger Mod to Mix Dry and Wet Signal...

Started by Miles, December 28, 2017, 06:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miles

Just finished my Harbinger One and it sounds great. I've build two NeoVibes previously, and for one, I chose to add a potentiometer to help mix the wet and dry signals (R35 and R36 of the Neovibe schematic). And that still sounds just a weeee bit more 'univibe-y' than the unmodified NeoVibe or the Harbinger.

So, striving for excellence, and putting my faith that the Harbinger One can sound even more awesome, I set out to comparing the two schematics. Sadly (for me) it didn't seem evident exactly how I would accomplish performing a similar modification to the Harbinger. I am by no means any sort of expert on these things, so I'm hoping someone out there has an idea or two about how to achieve a similar solution.

Thanks for your time for all who took the time to read this!

blearyeyes

Miles

:-[ Sadly, no. The pedal bug had taken over and I found myself moving on to other pedal builds. Still hoping I can stumble across a solution (or perhaps return to my analysis and figure it out for myself).

blearyeyes

I was just thinking of adding a blend control to the voodoo vibe I built after hearing a demo of a demo of the DryBell version. You can still hear the guitar. I have a couple of PCB blend circuits. Hmm.

Miles

Looking at the schematic again, I would hazard a first guess at the pair of resistors R11 and R12. They seem to map fairly well to both schematics as far as location in the circuit and value.