News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another lazy finishing technique

Started by culturejam, February 25, 2018, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezdn

brianq41369

Still trying to figure out what part of lazy you're talking about? Looks pretty darn imaginative to me? Perfect texture!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianq41369

Still trying to figure out what part of lazy you're talking about? Looks pretty darn imaginative to me? Perfect texture!

brianq41369

culturejam

Well, this is annoying. I put painter's tape on the enclosure and marked and drilled. Then when I pulled the tape off, it pulled off most of the pattern and clear coat with it. Pic below.

Decided to to just "go wild" over top of what was left. I'll be showing that off in the completed build post.

I suspect this issue is a combination of the type of paint and clear combined with the powdercoat. Clearly it didn't stick so well (although I'll have to say the painter's tape is a bit tackier than most I've used).

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

Might as well go all the way. Light it on fire for a few seconds!

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

TheDude

Quote from: madbean on March 10, 2018, 03:28:47 PM
Might as well go all the way. Light it on fire for a few seconds!
I concur!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides

davent

Fire would probably just obliterate the paint and may not do anything to the powder coat.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

blearyeyes

I saw an enclosure where the guy used a shotgun on it. Very post apocalyptic.

blearyeyes

davent

Quote from: blearyeyes on March 11, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

Sounds like Mike, Haveyouseenhim, i think...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Beedoola

That looks awesome. I think had the center cross be tapped over that would have been interesting. This gives me a lot of ideas for enclosure finishing. Thanks!

ahiddentableau

I'm totally a late comer to this, but that technique is the cat's backside!  Love it!

Has anyone tried out any other items in the meantime that they think turned out well?

joltjrs

i used a gasket for an automatic transmission valve body to the same effect.