News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOSS CE1 PROJECT: MN3002 or TDA1022P: DOC UPLOADED

Started by drog_trog, March 14, 2018, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drog_trog

Quote from: kaeisy on March 29, 2018, 01:18:40 AM
I am still interested in purchasing a board, but have no MN3002, just a TDA1022.  You said you tested the TDA1022 with good results and wanted to make an expansion board. Do you have that or if not, can you give some information about making one, perhaps on perfboard? And would you send a schematic, parts list or even a build document to the ones to buy a prototype board?

Yea for I will make a board so you can use the TDA1022 no problem if you dont mind waiting a little longer, I can make it so that you attach it by header pins. i will put together a quick BOM, shopping list and schematic soon.

kaeisy

drog_trog

UPDATE:
There will be an MN3002 and a TDA1022P version PCB.(mono versions until this stereo issue is sorted)

The MN3002 is a DIP-14 chip
The TDA1022 is a DIP-16 chip

Both are 512 stage chips and IMO both sound the same

The TDA1022 will be easier to source.

UK site: https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/TDA1022.html

gordo

You're just killing me here.  I really don't need another project but the original sounded so good that it was worth eating up 2 of 4 tracks on a Teac back in the day just to get the sound.  For a cool recorded version of the sound just google the band Max Webster and the tune "Waterline".  It's all over the first bit of the tune.

Screw it, if you have any left I'll take one.  Might take me a while to build it up but between this and the Ambika project I've left all common sense in the ditch :-)

I'm so excited...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Jules

I'm interested if you are getting some (or have some)
Thanks

blearyeyes

Quote from: gordo on March 30, 2018, 08:18:30 PM
You're just killing me here.  I really don't need another project but the original sounded so good that it was worth eating up 2 of 4 tracks on a Teac back in the day just to get the sound.  For a cool recorded version of the sound just google the band Max Webster and the tune "Waterline".  It's all over the first bit of the tune.

Screw it, if you have any left I'll take one.  Might take me a while to build it up but between this and the Ambika project I've left all common sense in the ditch :-)

I'm so excited...

Hmm.. Ambika! Noooo! It is too big! But I want it!

So many projects and so little time, well plenty of time but so few brain cells left....

warriorpoet

Mzo.FX, Owner

drog_trog

Some good interest in this project, for those who want it please send me a PM, put in subject 'CE1-MN3002 or CE1-TDA1022' Your location and I can sort out paypal with you.

A build document is close to being finished now.

drog_trog

This is what i thought got the stereo working.

its a 4 pin jack socket which when you insert a cable the grey and red pins connect together(switched socket I think)

This is how the retro sonic chorus is wired

There are pads on my PCB at the connection points(marked L+R)

I tried this and just got normal un-chorused signal-i thought the JFET was meant to mix the chorus into the stereo signal. Maybe im missing something, i dont know.

Scruffie

Your red wire is coming from the J-FET control voltage in that, if you look at the CE-1 schematic the second output is just a dry output directly from the 470nF capacitor (C32 in your schematic) with a divider after it to match it to the mixed level.

I don't understand why you've removed the wet signal FET control and left in the dry signal one?

Anyway, i'll take a board and DC converter set.

Edit: The 'stereo' output uses a switched jack too connected to the 'mono' output so that with just the mono connected a mix is provided, when something is connected to the stereo jack one provides delay only signal and the other dry.
Works at Lectric-FX

drog_trog

I've just been going through my old notes and I remember now, the stereo channel is dry out so the board is 100% complete.

I'm waiting on more boards to come in, should be next week.

Pre order your boards now...until the end of the month they're just $12 then they will be a standard price of $15

drog_trog

Scruffie, do you know the best place to buy the stereo switched sockets?

Scruffie

Quote from: drog_trog on April 21, 2018, 02:22:17 AM
Scruffie, do you know the best place to buy the stereo switched sockets?
You're in the UK, correct?

Bitsbox carry some, you want Mono Switched, this is definitely right but out of stock https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=225_226_294&products_id=3030

They carry some other switched mono jacks they call 'open' but I think that's referring to the style of jack rather than the switching.
Works at Lectric-FX

drog_trog

Scruffie

I assume that's a stereo switched which would be 3S on this datasheet https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/data/connectors/miv.pdf rather than the 2S you want.

Should be usable, you just have to work out which connection is which.
Works at Lectric-FX