News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOSS CE1 PROJECT: MN3002 or TDA1022P: DOC UPLOADED

Started by drog_trog, March 14, 2018, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonSound

I just finished my build and it worked great right off the bat.  A little noisy with battery power but not any more than I'd expect.  I added the Chorus Depth control.  The only thing I would've liked would be some way of telling whether it's in Chorus or Vibrato mode, like a bi-color LED or something.

RonSound

I decided to try adding a bi-color LED to the circuit.  I used the unused center column on the chorus/vibrato footswitch to do the switching.  I ran a wire from the cathode pad to the center switch lug.  The common cathode of the LED goes to the other LED pad and each of the LED anodes to the top and bottom switch lugs  (top lug for chorus, bottom lug for vibrato).  I had to drop R64 down to 5k to make the LED a little brighter until I get some better bi-color ones.  It didn't seeem to affect the sound quality at all and now it glows green for chorus and red for vibrato.  Here's a quick diagram in case anyone else wants to try it.

gordo

What a great looking build.  The demo video showed off the deep capabilities but I found I needed dramamine to handle it.  The original was not at all subtle but didn't veer off into queasy territory either.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

DR_BEN

Bingo!
I am honored to show you me newest project. It is a copy of iconic chorus BOSS CE-1. I spend months over this project,  of course I made lots of prototypes.
Here are differences between mine project and original:
👉power supply 9V or polarization BOSS
👉substitute hard to find analogue delay line MN3002 with newer electronic circuit
👉smaller box

Ricotjuh

That looks good. Is this just the exact copy described earlier in the topic? Or does this differ from what has been discussed here?
Are you willing to share your experience and schematic? So that we can all learn something from it?

DR_BEN

Quote from: Ricotjuh on December 31, 2020, 12:14:45 PM
That looks good. Is this just the exact copy described earlier in the topic? Or does this differ from what has been discussed here?
Are you willing to share your experience and schematic? So that we can all learn something from it?

Thanks! Those are oryginal schematic with equivalent (TDA1022), and mod supply section.

Sound samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soTdaKHS3RI&t=2s

Kerop

Hi everyone, I've finished the king of chorus v.2 but it's not working. How likely is that I have a bad/fake TDA1022P?
The pedal powers on, leds work, I can only hear the guitar but with no effect. I also notice a very low amount of distortion in the background when it's on. Wiring and soldering are right and components are correct. The 'volume' and 'rate' pots work.
Is it worth trying a new 1022P chip?
Thanks

johnk

mine never worked either and i tried another TDA1022P chip but to no avail.

Kerop

Quick update on this. I bought new chips and the pedal now works!
I just had a fake Chinese version. Watch out people! The pedal sounds great though, it's a great project.

johnk

hmm. mine looks real. i got it from smallbear a couple of years ago. it still didn't work though.

Kerop

It's not easy to assemble as the spacing is not much, I had to check the wiring quite a bit, but the v.2 of the pedal I have is all correct in the end. 

Aleksander1977

Hi. Have any of you tried to make a real stereo truebypass in CE-1?
I'm thinking about making some modifications to my effect. Originally we have a J-fet switch there. I think you can modify it and do it with some OPAMP