Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

deluxe pitch pirate with synth

Started by DieterLaser, March 15, 2018, 01:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somnif

Quote from: Boba7 on March 18, 2018, 02:27:16 AM
True for the Clarinot, not the Pitch Pirate, which has an lfo

I'd still advise you to put the limiter led I was talking about (diffused green led from pin7 of the chip to ground) to avoid distortion.

Addy Bart > I think with the limiter led, if you still hear distortion, it must come from the opamp, not the chip.

Huh, looking at the layouts it looks like the LDR is still on pin 6 of the pt2399, same as in the clari-not.

Addy Bart

Ah yes, could be clipping the 386, Boba7, that's quite likely now you mention it.

Addy Bart

Quote from: somnif on March 18, 2018, 02:39:27 AM
Quote from: Boba7 on March 18, 2018, 02:27:16 AM
True for the Clarinot, not the Pitch Pirate, which has an lfo

I'd still advise you to put the limiter led I was talking about (diffused green led from pin7 of the chip to ground) to avoid distortion.

Addy Bart > I think with the limiter led, if you still hear distortion, it must come from the opamp, not the chip.

Huh, looking at the layouts it looks like the LDR is still on pin 6 of the pt2399, same as in the clari-not.

That's correct. It's just the LED pulses on the pitch pirate, rather than respond to your playing dynamics.

somnif

Quote from: Addy Bart on March 18, 2018, 03:10:10 AM
That's correct. It's just the LED pulses on the pitch pirate, rather than respond to your playing dynamics.

Ahhh, I see. I saw the 386 on the input and my brain assumed it was running the LED like in the clari'.  Wish I could find a schematic for the thing rather than just layouts  :P

Boba7

Poor resolution and drawing but that's all I have! :)

Boba7

Actually maybe I shouldnt post those schematics, so if you guys wanna save them, let me know and then I'll delete the pics. :)

Beedoola

Not to derail the thread but I built a Pitch Witch and the speed range isn't the same as the real PPD. The slowest speed isn't nearly as slow as the PPD and at max speed there is some wining sound.

The layouts online I saw suggested a Vactrol but maybe I should use an LED/LDR combo.