News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your favorite pedal you've built?

Started by gordo, March 18, 2018, 04:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

This one is a tough question, but for me, it's probably the Multiplex.  It's the delay that always makes its way back to my board.  It's so easy to dial in good sounds too, and it's the pedal that most people ask "wtf is that."

matmosphere

Quote from: Boba7 on March 20, 2018, 05:10:00 AM
Aleph > That's seriously one of my favorite builds ever! Beautiful beautiful work.

My personal favorite is my Lofi Machine that I sold to a musician who was really insistent. I will have to build myself another one someday. It was very inspiring to play.
How it sounds : https://soundcloud.com/user-322140065/lo-fi-machine-subtle-detune-and-noise
How il looks :

Nice! It sounds great.

I vaguely remember a thread about that thing.

What is in that box?

storyboardist

I always come back to the Speaker Cranker. Always bugs me a little that such a simple circuit sounds so good, but it almost always ends up on.

Guy behind Effects Layouts

Aleph Null

Quote from: storyboardist on March 20, 2018, 09:06:28 AM
I always come back to the Speaker Cranker. Always bugs me a little that such a simple circuit sounds so good, but it almost always ends up on.

The speaker cranker is definitely in my top five. It was the pot of gold at the end of my overdrive quest.

blearyeyes

Quote from: EBK on March 18, 2018, 05:37:34 PM
My Wayne Kirkwood One Knob Squeezer (now pedal design five on the THAT Corp. pedal page).  I added a bicolor bargraph display that tells me exactly what it is doing to my signal at every moment, and I'm happy to leave it on 100% of the time.

EBK gain reduction LED ladder is interesting.

Boba7

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 20, 2018, 08:08:28 AM
Nice! It sounds great.

I vaguely remember a thread about that thing.

What is in that box?

Thanks!
It's a comp into a Pitch Pirate (with a dark position) into a switchable bitcrusher (Sonic Reducer by Parasit studio)
Initially the comp was a mosfet comp from Circuit Salad, but then I put in Mictester really cheap compressor.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=22701.0

Droogie

Can't narrow it down to one fave, but Aion's L-5, Jason's Cascadia and Bean's 2014 Kingslayer are never left at home.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

bamslam69

Still relatively new to this game. But the LPB-1 I built last month is fun, and as I completed it in under 24hrs, I'm pretty happy.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

LaceSensor

Mine has the be the Aeon Blueshift / Boss Dimension C
Ive lusted after that proper 80s stereo chorus for so long, and was such a pleasure to be able to build it for myself.

madbean

It's really hard for me to pick my own personal favorite but I'd say this one is close:

Reason being is 1) it's simple 2) it sounds great and 3) my artwork/etch/enclosure design is nearly perfect (yes, I am humble).

jimilee

I'd have to say the humor user I built. 4 effects with effects order switchers between each effect, I could literally reverse the order of the whole pedal, it was cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Mich P

drezdn

Probably my Magnus Modulus, but I could see a multiplex taking over that spot in my heart eventually.