News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NMOD (new mini oscilloscope day)

Started by blearyeyes, March 28, 2018, 02:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

I got one of those $20 oscilloscope kits from our friends in China and built it today.
Somebody posted about these a while back.  Can't figure out if it's going to be useful or just fun to play with. ::)

alanp

It's one of those things that you won't use that often, but when you do, nothing else comes close.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

blearyeyes

An oscilloscope started my whole journey into a life of audio engineering and music. My dad brought one home from McDonald Douglas for me to mess with when I was in grade school. I did a science project with it explaining the basics of sound. I was hooked.

Let’s just say that I won't be adjusting the asimuth on a 24trk tape head soon. It only has one input. 8-))

I'm impressed with this little scope. It has a really basic feature set but it actually works! For $22 shipped and an hour or two to put it together I highly recommend it for that occasional flanger setup.

Max

I ordered one on mid-January and most likely got lost somewhere between China and Seul. I got a second one shipped right yesterday (without additional charges), I hope this one will make it to Germany, I desperately need it to fix some things. And unfortunately the things to be fixed are accumulating...