News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Klein Bottle!

Started by madbean, April 03, 2018, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

My Kickstarter Klein Bottle PCB and pots arrived today. I recognize some of the library parts used in this layout  :)

This will be a fun build, I hope.

fair.child

Oh my oh my, what's going on with this VFE fever. I'm saying in a good way though.

Aentons

Are those prepopulated smd chips? Wow, what's the deal with that?

alanp

For us boring, ignorant people... what does the Klein bottle project do?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

Quote from: alanp on April 03, 2018, 10:17:14 PM
For us boring, ignorant people... what does the Klein bottle project do?

"Klein Bottle multiband mixer/looper"
http://vfecustom.com/klein-bottle/

zgrav

The Klein Bottle is a great project for people that already have other guitar pedals (like most of us on this board), because you connect 3 pedals and can switch the order for the signal patch, and do something with customizing some feedback loops among the pedals too.   

Aentons

I'd be very interested to see a circuit diagram for that.

somnif

Quote from: Aentons on April 05, 2018, 11:42:32 AM
I'd be very interested to see a circuit diagram for that.

zgrav

LOL!  pacman fever for sure...

jduma

I totally missed this project :'( ... is there a chance that PCBs will be sold through Madbean?

Invertiguy

Quote from: jduma on July 18, 2018, 12:19:56 PM
I totally missed this project :'( ... is there a chance that PCBs will be sold through Madbean?
God I hope so, you're not alone in only finding out about this now that it's too late. I'd love to take a stab at building that thing, it looks epic!
Doomsday Devices

zgrav

I think I would have to give that one a shot as well.  This pedal is so new that I would understand completely if we need to wait a while to not take any business away from VFE.

madbean

I haven't discussed the Klein Bottle with Peter at all and I don't expect he has an impending need to pawn off the PCBs. But, that might change after his production run is finished. I'll let you guys know if it comes up.

jduma

I am patient I will wait in hopeful anticipation.

jduma

So I am absolutely not patient and figured out I could use this in our next studio time. However, I may have made a grave mistake and I went ahead and ordered 10 boards based on his online for production schematics (same ones received for kickstarter). At the time, all I was thinking was that I have done SMD do this should be easy and not that one of the parts requires programming, Microchip PIC12F509 I-/SN. So not sure if I can remedy this or if any of you know how to program this chip and with what because I have 10 boards and a smattering of parts for this project. I would be willing to share the extra boards if I can get it working and would be willing to solder on the SMD parts but only if I can get it working which seems really slim. Help would be appreciated if anyone has any experience.

JD