Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sagan Delay 2.0

Started by diablochris6, April 11, 2018, 08:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggy45

LOL that video sounds like Mitch Hedberg

flanagan0718

Holy Smokes this is awesome!!! I have so many of your PCBs that I need to build...Still I'll take 2 when they are available.

diablochris6

Quote from: ahiddentableau on April 13, 2018, 05:04:20 AM
Awesome build, looks great!

I am wondering about one thing though.  Your enclosure looks like a black prefinished type with a roughish surface, similar to the Hammond 1590BBBX--I don't know what the precise word is to describe the texture of the surface, but the Hammond is slightly rough.  Is that right?  If so, when you used that enclosure label technique, did you use it directly on the surface of that enclosure?  Did it require any extra prepping?  Or is the technique just super forgiving?  I have a 1590BBBX and I wouldn't mind trying your method out.

It was a bare enclosure that I sanded to get some of the blemishes out. After transferring the image and fixing a couple spots with a sharpie, I sprayed some more acrylic just on the top. When that dried, I covered the top and sprayed the sides with black hammertone spray paint.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

diablochris6

Demo video is now on the initial post.

Boba7

diablochris6

Quote from: Boba7 on April 16, 2018, 05:51:42 AM
Nope, it doesn't work!

I can view it in my browser now. Does it work for you?

Leevibe

Works for me. Sounds fantastic!

pierre67

just WOW ! I need one !

Boba7

It sounds awesome

Honestly I'm always really impressed with your builds, and in general with the builds on this forum.

When I see commercial delay pedals based on PT2399s I'm very rarely impressed, and I keep thinking of the ones I see here at Madbean's!! Like the new Gurus Amps delays, sorry I'm off topic, but it seems so crazy expensive compared to how it sounds (at least it looks good) and then I come here and I see your Sagan Delay 2.0, and I'm like totally blown away.

I hope you keep it up cause you're a huge source of inspiration for me!

jimilee

I saw that dude do the wood one. He's a bit on the creepy side, but good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Boba7

What's the wood one?

By the way I would love to see a schematic for the Sagan 2 if it's possible /not too much to ask! :)

jimilee

Quote from: Boba7 on April 18, 2018, 02:44:08 PM
What's the wood one?

By the way I would love to see a schematic for the Sagan 2 if it's possible /not too much to ask! :)
It's like the metal one except with wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: Shaggy45 on April 13, 2018, 06:24:42 AM
LOL that video sounds like Mitch Hedberg

I used to transfer ink images to poly-based finishes with water. I still do but I used to, too.

juansolo

I really like the finish on this. The pedal has such a vintage vibe about it. Bravo!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

diablochris6

Quote from: Boba7 on April 18, 2018, 02:44:08 PM
What's the wood one?

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. This is the most updated schematic I have. I seem to recall that I used 100n caps after the PT2399 switches before going into the saturation section. It probably doesn't matter too much. I also didn't add R53 in the LFO.