News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler Demo

Started by aestoval, September 26, 2011, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aestoval

Howdy folks. This is my first post on this forum so I though I'd share a demo of my completed Mangler fuzz.

I LOVE this pedal. I built it for a friend and, suspecting it would sound incredible, ordered two boards so I could have one too. Man, am I glad I did. These boards are so easy to work with.

I LOVE it.

Anyway, enjoy the demo folks!

http://youtu.be/vVyqtIGzpVE

Atticus

petesz

Great demo! Sounds really good, i havn.t built one of these yet..
I used the same pregain knob idea on a tonebender i built, i think it works well.

Haberdasher

Nice tone box, man that sounds really good.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigmufffuzzwizz

Welcome!!

Ooh yea that sounds great! I really like how those knobs look too!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

aestoval

Thanks so much folks! It does have some great sounds available. I can't wait to build mine! Also, I agree. The knobs are pretty cool. I got 'em at small bear and they are built pretty well. The set screws are very smooth. Pretty schweet!

A

sprayfe

whew! that is some great playing and tone! a rare combo!

sgmezei

Sounds great dude! Clean look. I switch between humbuckers and single coils all the time so I am wondering what you did for the pre gain pot.

Care to enlighten me?

aestoval

Quote from: sgmezei on September 27, 2011, 09:29:04 PM
Sounds great dude! Clean look. I switch between humbuckers and single coils all the time so I am wondering what you did for the pre gain pot.

Care to enlighten me?

Sure. It is just about a as easy as you could ever imagine. The pregain pot is a 100kB placed before the input of the board. It's just wired to give variable resistance, no grounds necessary. I copied the idea from the dude at Fuzz Central and his "Axis Face Silicon" and it works pretty well!  ;D

Quote from: sprayfe on September 27, 2011, 09:28:24 PM
whew! that is some great playing and tone! a rare combo!

Why, thank you so much!

sgmezei

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! I am building one right now and am going to drill and label the extra hole.

k.rock!

Very cool dude! Awesome demo

2 questions, did you use a reverse audio pot for Fuzz? and what voltage you used to bias the trannies?

I have one and I love it, but I keep messing with it and I wanna see other people's mods. Loved the pre-gain knob btw. Cool addition.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

aestoval

Quote from: k.rock! on September 28, 2011, 09:58:31 AM
Very cool dude! Awesome demo

2 questions, did you use a reverse audio pot for Fuzz? and what voltage you used to bias the trannies?

I have one and I love it, but I keep messing with it and I wanna see other people's mods. Loved the pre-gain knob btw. Cool addition.

-Kaleb

Nope. I didn't use reverse audio, just a linear pot. The voltage was pretty regular too: -4.5 v.

-A

nzCdog

Nice job man, and cool demo :)