News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Build Report - Franky

Started by ryanisradd, May 11, 2018, 12:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanisradd

Greetings! I've bummed around this forum for quite a while and have popped in here and there but mostly I lurk in the shadows... But this latest build was too fun not to share. I wanted an end-all over drive for a new band I've been playing with and this was my solution. It starts with a Madbean Mudbunny built to Green Russian specs with NOS Transistors and Diodes that I was fortunate enough to receive from thesmokingman (X-Files is my favorite show!) during the holiday PIF-a-thon. Then it goes into a Green Ringer clone from PedalPCB. Next is a JHS Haunting Mids clone from PedalPCB (super fun for filter sweeps!) and finally into a 2-knob SHO from Guitar PCB. Not the cleanest guts I've pulled of but I don't have as much time to put in to that stuff as I used to! A dear friend of mine named Mary (http://www.hoteldanger.com/) did the fantastic artwork for me after I told her it was a sort of Frankenstein assembly of circuits. She nailed it! I have a few more builds I'll probably share in the future, but many thanks to Brian for the incredible projects and this wonderful forum and thanks to all of you for the years of knowledge and trouble shooting!
Affiliations: I work for Chase Bliss Audio making things with lots of DIP switches.

cooder

Awesome that looks great! Fab graphics and theme too! Fun fun fun!
Well done and good on ya for posting a build report! Cheers!
BigNoise Amplification

blearyeyes

Love to hear it! Sounds really interesting.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

oip

handpainted artwork kicks ass!  a true monster of a build also

ryanisradd

Hey, thanks everyone! It was a super fun build. I'll try and get some video of it eventually. The Green Ringer clone with the muff sounds sooooooo awesome. It's like a giant evil robot hell bent on taking over the world.
Affiliations: I work for Chase Bliss Audio making things with lots of DIP switches.

thesmokingman

lol ... I still haven't done anything with my sets of those transistors and diodes ... been spending my allowance (I try to stick to a budget) on other things
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

ryanisradd

Quote from: thesmokingman on May 14, 2018, 12:58:37 PM
lol ... I still haven't done anything with my sets of those transistors and diodes ... been spending my allowance (I try to stick to a budget) on other things

When you get around to it, you'll love it! I've built quite a few Russian Muffs and this one by far takes the cake. Thanks again for the PIF!