News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Updated: Reactor - Baja's JVM with added eq - now with knobs AND video demo...

Started by Willybomb, May 19, 2018, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's Reactor, which is Baja's JVM with marshall tonestacks added to the crunch and OD1/2 channels.

As the eq sections have an unfettered LPB1 after the controls to make up for any loss, I really need to run both on, or both off as the volume discrepancy is crazy.  Sounds great, *so* much wiring.  Think I might build something a little simpler one of these days.

Not sold on 4 footswitches in a DD, but putting the Mode on a toggle wouldn't have done this justice.  Need to replace the OD1/2 with a 4pdt so I can get the OD LED between the OD1/2 gain controls working when the pedal is switched to Crunch (currently it turns off when Crunch is engaged, but I want it on so it indicates which OD channel is engaged before I switch to OD from Crunch).

Really liking this with Lart's simple cabsim.  Knobs are on order!

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Awesome, what a fab job!  8)
Graphics are very cool too! What knobs are you gonna put with that?
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

The knob choice is tough.  On one hand I want to keep the ergonomics of it all with the LED colours - blue for crunch, green for OD1, red for OD2, but I would also like to keep with the post nuke aesthetic of the graphic...  At this stage, 20mm aluminum for the drive and master controls, something smaller for the eq, probably plastic, maybe colour coded, maybe just black.

oip

mjg

That looks awesome mate.  I vote for black aluminium knobs.   :D

Willybomb

nzCdog

Looks fantastic with those knobs. I'm interested in that cabsim,  gonna do some digging on that one 😊

Willybomb

TGP39

Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb