News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda 1590dd is too thick oO

Started by Yahoo67, May 28, 2018, 09:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yahoo67

I layed out holes on a 7$ tayda 1590dd for a 5 effect multi pedal. I had a real hard time drilling but when i finally got it done and tried to put the pots in i realised that the enlosure is so thick that i cant screw the washers on :/... its the first time i ever got a 1590dd from them, as anyone else had the same problem ? I am wondering if i just got a dud enclosure or if all of them are like that ... Thanks :)

Betty Wont

are they 9mm pots? I had the same issue with 9mm pots with a 1790 from small bear.

Turnip-Tone

I had a problem with a 1590DD I bought from Pedal Parts too but only with a 16mm Alpha pot from Taiwan. It had a raised collar below the thread & it stopped it protruding far enough through to get the washer & nut on. Solved problem by drilling another hole on the back side of the case to fit the collar in. Never expected that to be a problem & was very surprised. The other 16mm pots that I used in the project, from a different manufacturer, only just fitted through with just enough thread to get them tight. The nuts were flush with the top of the thread. Yes, very tight. Maybe 1590DD base is a little too thick as you say.

jimilee

Stepper bit helps you get the inward bevel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Yahoo67

Yay! I used 3/4 inche wood bit to skin the inside of the enclosure and now everything fits ! Its a shame cus 7$ for a 1590dd is real good price :/ . FYI the 1590xx are 6.50 and happy to say that theres none of that thickness problem ^^

Willybomb

I don't think I've ever had any luck with 9mm pots in a DD. I've used them in NS/XX and below, but thy can be tight.

BuGG

Yep, I've experienced the same thing with the 1590DD's from Tayda.     

Still usable, but much thicker than normal.   The aluminum also seemed "chewier", hard to explain, but softer and gummed up my bit more than usual.
Also the 6-screw pattern can be a bit tricky if you plan to put a footswitch right at the bottom/center of the enclosure.

No problems at all with the 1590XX... wish they'd offer them with powdercoat.  :)