News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughty fish

Started by harpplayer, May 30, 2018, 05:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpplayer

Hi guys!

I´ve built the Naughty Fish few months ago, and though it has many cool sounds, I still haven´t felt comfortable with it on my board. I use a maxon af-9 which I like very much (but would wish it had a volume control like the Naughty Fish).

What botters me the most actually is the bandpass mode. Both on low or high modes, it sounds thin - on high mode it is particuarly anoying. And sometimes it is ok, but when I bypass and activate the effect again, it gets thinner.

I may be biased because of the AF9, in which bandpass offers a distinct sound.... the naughty fish sounds like lo-pass/hi-pass/freakin´ thin freq´s pass (this is my bandpass). There may be something wrong with my build, but before losing my hair messing with it, I would like to know if someone experienced the same thing/or this is standard mutron sound.

(I was suspicious of the toggle used, but it is indeed a on/on/on)

Jules

I'm not sure if you are aware that there are actually 2 types of on/on/on dpdt switch with different pin designations.
The naughty fish Is for the type that small bear sells NOT the type that Tayda sells.
Confusing I know.

Betty Wont

Quote from: Jules on May 30, 2018, 07:24:51 AM
I'm not sure if you are aware that there are actually 2 types of on/on/on dpdt switch with different pin designations.
The naughty fish Is for the type that small bear sells NOT the type that Tayda sells.
Confusing I know.
I ruined a NF board to learn this lesson.

harpplayer

O crap.. maybe that´s it! But as far as I can see, if I remove and rotate the switch 180º, then it should work ok (will only have to reverse the labels), right?

harpplayer

Oops...that wouldn´t make sense, they are not symetrical. I will try to open the toggle and modify it... it shouldn´t be really hard.

T_MBaker

Hey Jules, have you built the naughty fish? If so, where in Australia did you source the on/on/on switch from?