News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help me with my PRS

Started by jimilee, June 08, 2018, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Quote from: Rockhorst on June 11, 2018, 01:24:03 AM
Disconnect the tone pot if you're not using it. That will def. make a difference in the sound. That's what I did on the MIM strat I once had. Night and day difference. After that, pickup swap.
This^

Matt

If the pickups have adjustable pole pieces you can lower the pickup then raise the pole pieces. This is supposed to brighter the tone a bit

Not sure how it's wired but 50s style wiring seems a bit brighter to me

Lastly, I recently read about a mod where you put a cap between the pickup hot wire and the pickup selector switch. Smaller cap = less bass
Matt

AntKnee

Be careful not to adjust the pickups too high or the strings won't properly interact with the magnetic field and the tone will suffer.

I'd look into a magnet swap, myself.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Matt

Quote from: AntKnee on June 12, 2018, 09:16:56 PM
Be careful not to adjust the pickups too high or the strings won't properly interact with the magnetic field and the tone will suffer.

I'd look into a magnet swap, myself.
True their are limitations but it takes 5 minutes and zero dollars to try it
Matt

jimilee

I use a nickel on the treble side and 1 nickels on the bass side to set string height. It's general, but it works. Sometimes I do have to tweak it a little. For the one, it's 1 nickel on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.