Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Including Schematics?

Started by thesmokingman, June 22, 2018, 09:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

Quote from: culturejam on June 22, 2018, 05:39:21 PM
Quote from: Muadzin on June 22, 2018, 03:26:13 PM
But I'd wish that Tagboard would include a schematic, or a link to the schematic used with every vero layout.

Yeah, I really don't understand that at all. I would think a schematic would be more important with a non-PCB build.

See, I knew one day I would find some topic on which to agree with you.  ;D

Yeah but....., yeah but......, I agree with you all the time.   :o :'(           ;)

Quote from: EBRAddict on June 22, 2018, 06:59:21 PM
I stopped building tagboard layouts for that very reason. Or if I was desperate I'd draw the schematic out from the illustration but that can turn into a mess.

I gotta have schematics or I won't even start a build beyond a Fuzz Face.

Well, I usually google for a schematic. Unless its something really boutique you can usually find one. But it should be included as a standard. Other then that I love tagboard veros. Anything that looks like it can fit on something not bigger then 20 by 20 holes I'm not going to bother with ordering a pcb for. Also, when I do have a schematic vero is so much easer to trace the signalpath with.

aion

A schematic is an absolute requirement for reasons everyone has mentioned above - education, sharing of information, etc. - but also because you have to have some way of verifying accuracy. Many circuits have inaccurate schematics (early versions of FSB traces and that sort of thing) and I can't necessarily trust that the PCB designer is using the right one if they don't show their work.

This also why I don't like Tagboard. (Though I will say the comment section is always great for troubleshooting & modifications - practical discussions by people working through the circuit.)

chromesphere

A pedal project without a schematic, haha, im bending my mind to even grasp that concept.  It would be like building a pedal without a soldering iron!?  :)

Yep, essential.  These projects are aimed at diyer's and electronics enthusiasts you have to include the schematic imo...
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Frank_NH

OK - since I've supported Tagboard Effects over many years (in fact, that site is what got me into DIY pedal building in the first place), let me say that you can't just post a schematic unless the original author permits that.  Most often, they will post a link to FSB or some other source where the schematic is provided.  One reason they do this, besides the obvious permissions issue, is that often the circuit is modded before the final layout is considered "verified".  Once it is verified, I suppose someone could offer to generate schematics for the purpose of documentation of the vero layouts - any takers??  :D

BTW - I've posted a few original circuits there, and when I do I include a schematic (although it may be from LTSpice rather than a pro schematic rendering app).  Which reminds me of a question - what software are people using for schematics these days?