News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

To hell with decline!! Let's talk about our personal projects happening now!

Started by culturejam, June 23, 2018, 01:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMowdes2

Quote from: stringsthings on July 18, 2018, 06:08:42 AM
DIY modular synths are fun!  If you can etch your own boards, there's lots of layouts around.
I've seen a few vero's.  If I come across them again, I'll post a link.  Check out the Misc DIY Stuff section for more synth stuff.
Alanp has gone bananas in this area.  He's designing his own pcb's.  I've built of few of his and they're nice.

I get blank panels form online metals.  They're inexpensive and really accurate.  They're in the U.S. but they'll probably ship overseas.
Also check out Music From Outer Space (MFOS).  Ray Wilson has left us a goldmine of stuff.  I've built a lot of his stuff.  ( I'll post some pics either here
or in the other section ... or both! :) )

You'll need a case/enclosure if you haven't got one.  You can use wood rails or go expensive and get metal ones.
Are you using the eurorack format?

If you are looking for modular synth stuff you should check out the pusherman group on facebook, they do group buys for eurorack pcbs and panels, makes it affordable to buid eurorack modules.  He also has a website.   www.pushermanproductions.com
DeadEndFX

Stomptown

I was tinkering around in the garage today and decided to turn a botched amplifier back panel into a pedalboard.  When I was building my 18 Watt last year I messed up the drilling and had to purchase a new back panel so this one was just sitting in my garage collecting dust.  The handles were made using cabinet handles and black rubber feet from an old wah wah pedal.  There were a couple extra holes so I used finishing washers and fresnel lenses to plug the holes and make it look cool.  Here it is:

oip

awesome!  that demo tape fuzz build is still just amazing too.

my little babby eurorack box finally got finished and met some of the rest of the family this morning:

bit of overdrive and some of the FV-1 reverbs/delays sound lovely on monosynth so far.

thanks for the heads up on that pusherman list it's very interesting.  i've used modularaddict and a couple other sites for PCBs and panels.  navigating synth DIY world is a whole new ballgame, it's funny to compare to the state of affairs with stompboxes (stomboxes wins by a long way right now). 

i bought a bunch of aluminium panels for next to nothing so going to try and etch some.  also alanp's thread is jawdropping!  so good

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

Boba7

jubal81

Been on a tear the past two weeks. Came up with a new boost and now I've got this monster fuzz cooking -- 5 stages/10 transistors.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

culturejam

Quote from: jubal81 on July 30, 2018, 10:42:37 PM
Been on a tear the past two weeks. Came up with a new boost and now I've got this monster fuzz cooking -- 5 stages/10 transistors.

Can't wait to see both of these!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

ahiddentableau

That demo tape fuzz build is sweetness--do you have more pictures?.  I love the label.  Stylish.

Marshall Arts

Turning an old notebook into a four track looping station with an arduino based midi foot controller:

More info here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=28107.0