News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIYStompboxes - Insecure Connection

Started by Scruffie, June 26, 2018, 02:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Is anyone else using Firefox getting an 'Your connection is insecure' error page when trying to visit DIYStompboxes? Opera doesn't seem to like its certificate either.
Works at Lectric-FX

somnif

Yep, happens to me as well.

"www.diystompboxes.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on Monday, June 25, 2018, 8:12 PM. " (I'm assuming that is based on my local time)

Rockhorst

I get this from time to time, something with my internet connection and a reboot fixes this. This is assuming that DIYSB has it's proverbial shit together. Starting July, Google treats any website without an SSL certificate as unsafe. A lot of other companies have enacted the same policy. So if the SSL certificate is out of date, setup incorrectly or missing you will be notified that your visit is insecure.

Scruffie

Quote from: Rockhorst on June 26, 2018, 04:24:14 AM
This is assuming that DIYSB has it's proverbial shit together.
They've been having a LOT of problems lately, funnily enough, I keep getting signed in as madbean over there (not that I can do anything as him).

I was mainly checking it wasn't me as I've noticed a few links having this issue recently.
Works at Lectric-FX

Strategy

just happened to me this a.m. for first time in a while
- strategy

jimilee

Tapatalk stopped working several months back when all the issues started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBRAddict

SSL certs do expire, you "rent" them for a period of time. According to SSLLabs his was a 3-month certificate and expired 13 hours ago. Who gets a 3-month cert nowadays?

davent

I received an email thread alert from them at 11:43 but i still get the warning if i try to connect using chrome.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

bamslam69

Quote from: jimilee on June 26, 2018, 07:57:54 AM
Tapatalk stopped working several months back when all the issues started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, so it's not just me.
All the best to them, getting it back up.

flanagan0718

Happening with me too. using google chrome.

PariahBrothermann

culturejam

I got a notice from GoDaddy that in the very near future, all sites without an SSL will be flagged as "dangerous". I feel like that's dumb for sites that don't ask you for information.

Seems like a cheap ploy to push more SSL certs.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

davent

Is this the same issue that The Amp Garage had a while ago that continued on for many many months?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jkokura

Quote from: culturejam on June 27, 2018, 06:38:04 AM
I got a notice from GoDaddy that in the very near future, all sites without an SSL will be flagged as "dangerous". I feel like that's dumb for sites that don't ask you for information.

Seems like a cheap ploy to push more SSL certs.

I got the same. I'm not an expert in such things, and thus far jmkpcbs.com has lived without it. Now I'm wondering if I should spend the money on it, if only to prevent customers from abandoning carts. It's been fine without, and I do such a small amount of business as it is...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals