News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Some recent builds

Started by zombiesonore, June 30, 2018, 01:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiesonore

Hi everyone!
Here's some builds I've done this last 6 months.
I've spent most of January & February playing with the littles synth thingy I've done in the end of 2017 and I've started building again in March.

1st, a Tenebrion reverb with some minor mods on the tone stack for a friend.
It's a single sided layout and it is one of my nicest one. Boards mounted pots. All the jumpers are under the brick.
If it's okay with Grind Custom FX, I'll share this layout some day.
Gut shot only 'cause I've forgot to take any of the box! It was plain, so nothing to see here.

Next is a Peach Fuzz work-alike.
I've design the PCB for 1590B for the guy wanted it in a 1590BB.
I've done something I've never thought of on this one: I've printed the top silkscreen on a cheap transparent sticker paper and put it on the board. I wish I had thought of that for my single sided Total Recall build!

I've make some mistake for the sticker so it's not perfect — you can see the drilling indication for the LED.

And the guts shot. I had to add a circuit for buffering and splitting the clean signal to make a Blend control.

At last, something I'm proud of.
It's a very simple 6 square waves generator based on the CD40106 chip. I took my time on designing this one and It turn great.
The top speak for itself.

The inside may look messy but it is in fact well organized. I could have shorten the wires a little bit.

I've a few board for this one left, If anyone is interested.

I almost forgot. I've redo the sticker for my Ginger build:

Thanks for reading!

zombiesonore

zombiesonore

Addy Bart

Nice! Do you have any demo links for the square wave generator?

blearyeyes

nice builds! the generator has a lot of off-board wireing! love to hear it to,

Boba7

Nice !!

I've been wondering about the Ginger circuit for a few months now. How do you like it?

zombiesonore

QuoteDo you have any demo links for the square wave generator?

I didn't record anything and I've already send it to the guy who asked for it.
But it was very much "inspired" by the Skychord's SleepDrone6.
https://youtu.be/1Su4ieV1_PE
I didn't find the schematic, so I've "conceived" something around the CD40106 as I've studied its use in the Weird Sound Generator...

QuoteI've been wondering about the Ginger circuit for a few months now. How do you like it

The Ginger was one of the first effect I designed a single sided board for, in 2014 I guess. It has never leaved my pedal board since! I love it: perfect gain, perfect crunch, good EQ.