News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Additions to VFE Pedals coming in mid-July!

Started by zgrav, July 03, 2018, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zgrav

Nice to see that the Dragon, Pinball Tilt and Standout pedals are listed to be available in mid-July.  Maybe even a combo package for the three of them.

madbean

Yup. I've got a decent quantity of each and enough where I can offer the 3-bundle for a discount. The circuits are really great and a bit easier to build than the older designs (everything is integrated on one PCB).

I should have my builds to show soon. I've just ordered enclosures for them. Pedalparts plus offers pre-drilled ones specifically for these projects, too.

gordo

The Dragon was a surprise.  I picked it up on the short lived Patreon project and on my bench I thought it was nice but kind of "meh...".  Tossed it on my live board and it showed it's true colors.  I was very impressed with the range this thing has, both in mostly-clean boost all the way thru medium+ gain and all kinds of eq range.  Cleans up well with guitar volume and has an insane amount of output level available.

Please make note that these pedals use a different relay than the older VFE's though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

zgrav

Looks like all three of these share the same case layout -- four 16mm pots and one switch.

Makes sense that the circuitry would go onto one board with the input/output jacks and power connection moving up to the top.

The controls on the three boards appear to be very similar as well.  Will be interesting to see the build documents and learn more about them.

gordo

Bean, I've said it before...just take over my Paypal account and let me know how much I have left :-)

Really looking forward to the Uber and the VFE's.
Gordy Power

fair.child

gordo

Gordy Power

Netnnk

Quote from: fair.child on July 03, 2018, 02:35:09 PM
Hmm... should I plan for #2 Mega Pedal?

#2 mega pedal should be the fuzzes and other prototypes you didn't use with the classic 6 control layout.  You can even use the alternate layout "switch" version of the Mobius Strip and Yodeler so it's not just drives. Instead of sci fi art, use fantasy monsters.

#3 "mini" mega pedal can be with the newer 5 control layouts :-)