News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Tube Driver

Started by Tom Lauten, July 15, 2018, 08:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Lauten

Here is my completed Tube Driver built to TH's specs! I built it into an old slot car transformer case trying to utilise as much of the existing drilled holes as possible. I added another custom tube guard to keep with the Atompunk look. Hope you like it! It's an AWESOME pedal with a vintage Mullard tube fitted!

Turnip-Tone

Awesome! Love the recycling of case. Very cool :)

thomasha

Very  nice!
The tube guard looks like art deco. Congrats for the cool idea.
As for the enclosure, hammered effect is always a nice finish, even better when it's vintage.

m-Kresol

This looks great! Love the vintage looks and the cooler/tube guard works really well with the design.
THe only disadvantage is the location of the stomp, not quite accessible there...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Daaaamn, you win teh interwebz for today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Tom Lauten

Thanks guys! Yeah the switch is a bit awkward but to be honest I don't tend to stand and play...sitting on the couch? Yes. Operating all my pedals with my fingers? Yeah.... :-[

gordo

Noooo, that's so cool.  That was my only comment that the footswitch would be tricky to get to but the art deco tube fins and old school hammertone and metal labels make this one a slam dunk.  If you played out live you could temp in one of those big mushroom caps for the switch.  Very tasty work here.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Tom Lauten