News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Coming September - Premium Limited Runs

Started by madbean, July 26, 2018, 08:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm starting a new series of projects called "Premium Limited Runs". Might be a hokey name but hey it fits. What's special about these?

- Updated classic/discontinued mbp projects. Maybe a couple new ones here or there.
- Done with premium PCB quality - gold plated pads and matte black silk screen.
- Includes soft-touch bypass.
- Fitted for either 1590B2 or 125B enclosures with top mounted jacks.
- Some parts will be included such as the micro-controller and relay for the switching, some of the power supply components, plus any specialty parts that are required.
- These will be "limited" in that they will only have one run - once they are sold they're gone.
- These projects will be more expensive but you will get a lot of value for the added $$.
- We'll start around the first week of September and there will be a new project every month for the rest of 2018.

The first project will be the EgoDriver. The next project in October will be the "For Fuzz Sake".

Here's an example of what to expect!

jimilee

Madbean's madness sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

playpunk

The egodriver was the first project I made that actually worked! I love the idea of these - and you know I'll order em!
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Adam_DIY

Awesome I love the pcbs nicely played sir. 

woolie

When can we start ordering... want... [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

gordo

This looks pretty cool. I like the idea of onboard bypass.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

Great idea!  I like the limited run aspect.  I'll hop on the egodriver for sure.

It reminds me of my first attempt at enclosure etching.  I never boxed up the PCB, because the enclosure
was such a mess.   I think I threw it away, but if I find it, I'll post some pics to get a few chuckles. :)
All You Need Is Love

cooder

Excellent idea and funky resistor placement there on the FFS... great with the onboard relay switching.
Is that the Coda effects switching system?
BigNoise Amplification

madbean

Quote from: cooder on July 27, 2018, 12:03:09 AM
Excellent idea and funky resistor placement there on the FFS... great with the onboard relay switching.
Is that the Coda effects switching system?

It uses the FFX switching system.

Gotta have a delay, too.

HamSandwich

What the buns is IC 2 and the crystal? Exciting!

sjaustin

Looks super cool! I'll start saving some PayPal funds now.  ;D

m-Kresol

Cool idea. I'll bet these will sell like crazy. How many pieces will be available per project?

I'm eager for the delay!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects