News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boring Time Saver (PCB For Footswitch, Jacks & DC Socket)

Started by Scruffie, October 05, 2011, 05:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

It's not an exciting effect, but I wonder how some boards like these might go down?

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=82446.msg689956#msg689956

Save a lot of time building those 1590B effects and it'd give a nice professional look to go with the fabbed PCBs.

So polarity protection, power filtering, DC Jack, Battery Pads, In & Out Jacks, Input ground Footswitch, LED & its resistor.

The parts are fairly standardized I think...

Might be on my own with this one though.
Works at Lectric-FX

masterlk

Great idea...love it...but lining up those holes might be an issue.

Scruffie

Quote from: masterlk on October 05, 2011, 06:10:47 AM
Great idea...love it...but lining up those holes might be an issue.
One fixed printable drilling template and you'd be fine though.

Plus a circular file can always be used to adjust holes if necessary.
Works at Lectric-FX

mgwhit

I would be all over that board.  I already use 3PDT boards when I can, and, now that so many of the Madbean boards are being fabbed for a 1590B layout, something like that would be huge.

reddo

I'd be in on something like this. Do you think Ice-9 would share the files needed to get some fabbed?

jimmybjj

Quote from: reddo on October 18, 2011, 02:58:53 PM
I'd be in on something like this. Do you think Ice-9 would share the files needed to get some fabbed?

he is willing to share but he used a program called Altium Designer if anyone is familiar with it.
Pcbs no longer available

reddo

I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean much. Don't you usually need Gerber files to get boards fabbed?

jubal81

I looked it up. it's some fancy stuff. $5,000 for the software. ouch.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

madbean

Quote from: Scruffie on October 05, 2011, 05:41:23 AM
It's not an exciting effect, but I wonder how some boards like these might go down?

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=82446.msg689956#msg689956

Save a lot of time building those 1590B effects and it'd give a nice professional look to go with the fabbed PCBs.

So polarity protection, power filtering, DC Jack, Battery Pads, In & Out Jacks, Input ground Footswitch, LED & its resistor.

The parts are fairly standardized I think...

Might be on my own with this one though.

This is pretty much a go for me. I finally got around to stuffing the (revised) board I had made some time ago and it checks out. I did not do dedicated spots for filtering and polarity protection, but took a different approach. The empty side opposite the DC jack has about 30 perf holes with a 9v and ground pad, and one extra output pad with the standard I/O stuff. So, different types of filtering can be applied (for instance if you like to use a series resistor with your 9v supply).

Anyway, I'll drop it into my next build after I work up a good drilling template for the 1590B.

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

This would cut down a lot of time on off board wiring for smaller builds!  Love it!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Quote from: madbean on October 21, 2011, 08:02:13 PM

This is pretty much a go for me. I finally got around to stuffing the (revised) board I had made some time ago and it checks out. I did not do dedicated spots for filtering and polarity protection, but took a different approach. The empty side opposite the DC jack has about 30 perf holes with a 9v and ground pad, and one extra output pad with the standard I/O stuff. So, different types of filtering can be applied (for instance if you like to use a series resistor with your 9v supply).

Anyway, I'll drop it into my next build after I work up a good drilling template for the 1590B.

Will you be producing these in other sizes (125b) or just the 1590b?
Pcbs no longer available