News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughtyfish!!

Started by Willybomb, August 11, 2018, 12:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Bog standard naughtyfish. Xvive vactrols. Didn't work originally due to a dodgy IC.

Yeah, I know I didn't use the MB wiring, I forgot to solder the LED and ground wires after getting it to work. I was a bit excited to finally get it in the box properly (that's what she said)....

drog_trog

cooder

Those are some cool graphics indeed, very fitting! It's great circuit isn't it, lotsa tweaking fun to be had. A permanent creature living on my board...
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

Yeah, I'm really liking it.  I have to put together a new pedalboard for all the stuff I've been making lately.

BryGuy

Very cool. Had been thinking about doing one of these. Think you just convinced me to give it a try. Curious if anyone has tried it on bass?

mjg

Love the Simpsons graphic - perfect for the pedal name. 

I'm another who has always wanted to give this circuit a try... never seems to make it to the top of the list, but I'm sure I'll build one someday.  ;D

gordo

Just getting one of these boards in.  I loved the Nautilus but a buddy of mine in a GD cover band begged me to part with it and honestly he makes better use of it than I ever would.  Will be nice to have a smaller footprint to boot.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

TheDude

I LOVE the graphics! Can't wait to put mine together now. Great inspiration there

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides

oldsoul

I built two. One was a Christmas gift. I got that one working except I'm finding the Volume pot goes from off to full volume very quickly. Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated. The other has more issues I'm trying to troubleshoot on the the tech board.
High Tech by day-Old School at Night

Willybomb

QuoteI got that one working except I'm finding the Volume pot goes from off to full volume very quickly. Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated
If you have a log pot in there I'd try a linear instead, or vice versa.  Maybe even a C taper.

oldsoul

Solved this with a swap of the Vol pot. I originally had a linear pot as that was what the build called for. I swapped it for a LOG 100K and it feel much better.
High Tech by day-Old School at Night

Thewintersoldier

Fantastic build! I want to build one of these so I will take your advise about the log volume pot.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Caedarn

Quote from: oldsoul on September 02, 2019, 01:43:23 PM
Solved this with a swap of the Vol pot. I originally had a linear pot as that was what the build called for. I swapped it for a LOG 100K and it feel much better.

I've noticed a lot of build docs call out linear pots for Volume, but from what I've read, it seems like log taper is made for Volume controls.  I'm new to pedal DIY, but I've just started to use log taper for all volume control, regardless of what the build doc says.