News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show some holiday pics!

Started by m-Kresol, August 18, 2018, 06:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

I thought I change things up a bit. Holiday season is still ongoing, so I thought it would be nice to see what everyone was up to. So, if you like, post some pics of your vacation destination. I bet we will collect some beautiful places from all over the world.

I was hiking a lot the last two weeks, here's a best-of including the "Hohe Tauern" and some parts of Vorarlberg, both in Austria.

More pictures on my blog linked in my profile, if someone is interested.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

gordo

Incredible!  Thanks for sharing those pix.  With our house on the market and an old dog I blew off vacation this year, although hoping to get to Canada to be with family this Christmas.  This will be a great thread.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

mjg

Finally I have some photos to put on this thread. 

My dad declared that he wanted to climb Mt. Everest.  We were all well shocked.  After a few more questions, we realised he meant Mt. Kosciusko - the highest point in Australia.  Easy to get the two confused I guess. 

So my dad, my son and I walked up to the top a few weekend back.  It's about 4 hours walking round trip from Thredbo, with the highest point being about 2200m altitude.  Yep, Australia isn't known for its high peaks. 

Still a nice view though.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

My recent travels have involved scenic mountain views as well (sort of).
Here is a tiny portion of the "world's largest" indoor model railroad setup at EnterTRAINment Junction near Cincinnati, Ohio, US:

The whole thing is really quite huge (relatively speaking -- how does one describe a gigantic miniature model anyway?) and well worth a visit.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on April 27, 2019, 04:09:24 AM
My recent travels have involved scenic mountain views as well (sort of).
Here is a tiny portion of the "world's largest" indoor model railroad setup at EnterTRAINment Junction near Cincinnati, Ohio, US:

The whole thing is really quite huge (relatively speaking -- how does one describe a gigantic miniature model anyway?) and well worth a visit.

That place is very impressive, far more impressive than I thought something like that would be. I was there last summer with my kids and their grandparents and everybody had a good time.

They even hid some pretty hilarious stuff in there that you'd never find unless someone showed you. A hobo taking a dump was hidden somewhere.

jimilee

My last trip was a long weekend in Nashville for our anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.