News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Instagram

Started by madbean, August 19, 2018, 10:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicholascam

How to increase Instagram subscriptions? This question is often asked by people who have created their profile and started posting photos, but they did not notice a special increase in likes and followers. This is understandable, because almost no one knows about your page, and it will appear extremely rarely in recommendations. ... As a rule, a person will go to your profile and perform a similar action (and maybe even subscribe). I decided to buy myself subscribers on famoid.com and it really helped me gain a cool audience.

PapaKev

Quote from: nicholascam on August 13, 2021, 12:18:00 PM
How to get more people to follow you on Instagram?

Nip slips from what I can gather...

jimilee

Quote from: PapaKev on August 13, 2021, 06:08:31 PM
Quote from: nicholascam on August 13, 2021, 12:18:00 PM
How to get more people to follow you on Instagram?

Nip slips from what I can gather...

I like your theory. If I had social media, I would follow that....
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danfrank

So can we expect some racy PCB pics in the near future?? But, please, no excessive photoshoping because we'll be able to tell and that just ruins the fantasy...

thesmokingman

where's the onlyfans?
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Hasbula

I didn't think that I would ever live to see the creation of an Instagram from madbeanpedals itself. But I will subscribe; it will be fun.

gordo

What is this internet that you all speak of?

Sorry, no social media here.  I prefer to get my information thru rumors and mis-information.  Wait...isn't that social media?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on January 25, 2022, 04:00:48 PM
What is this internet that you all speak of?

Sorry, no social media here.  I prefer to get my information thru rumors and mis-information.  Wait...isn't that social media?
Me too, and Reddit. My biggest source is misinformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

I'm actually enjoying the mbp Instagram quite a bit. It's a pretty easy way for me to show small updates, what I'm working on in a given day, etc. But, that's about as far as I'll ever take it. I kinda can't stand when I see posts with 50 different hashtags to hit every conceivable market possible. I think I usually do 1 or 2, haha.

I do need to start following more people though.

matmosphere

To quote a great admiral "it's a trap!!"

davent

Have only ever use Instagram and on it follow lots of local makers of all description, painters, sculptors, potters, printmakers, woodworkers, luthiers, pickup winders, chefs & cooks, growers/gardeners/farmers, a few tomato breeders from across NA who's tomatoes i grow, local restaurants, vinyl stores and other local businesses i shop, galleries and clubs, local bands. Only place i'll find all my interests in one spot and able to get in touch with people if need be. Even post stuff on it.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Thewintersoldier

I use it frequently, it's a great place to keep in contact easily with many of the people I've met in the hobby. I follow lots of small builders and see what they are doing and pick their brain, or get parts from time to time. Using it as a way to showcase my builds, I've had a number of people reach out to me for custom work, which has given me the opportunity to meet some cool people and network. In taking custom work it gives me the opportunity to set my own price and weed out the idiots. I use profits from my sales to self fund the hobby.
Who the hell is Bucky?

thomasha

I also use instagram, not as much as in the beginning.
By only posting photos of pedals and guitars I could filter out some content.

Since the advertising every three posts started I tried to train my instagram to only show me guitar related stuff, but every now and then there is some weird shit, like local stuff I am not interested in. Good times when there was no ads on the internet...

When I started I used it a lot to check what was everyone doing and using it as a way of help me having new ideas concerning builds, design and graphics. And surely lots of beautiful guitars to feed the GAS.

Now posting in the "new" rhythm that instagram imposes to make you been seen by more than a couple hundred people is not for this hobby IMHO. I cannot build and finish something new every 5 hours, and I don't like to flood the timeline of other people with a different angle of the same pedal. At my work they call it salami slicing, when you try to make out more content from the same piece.

On instagram I like to play a game called: guess the pedal.
I look at the guts and chips and try to identify which pedal it is. Last of Brian's post had the board with the visible spot for two BBD chips, so I checked for other clues like number of stages and position of the pots. Surely 90% of the posts are fuzz faces, but every now and then there is something unique and interesting, which catches my attention.

izzygianino

It looks like you are doing not bad nowadays. More than 2k followers are nice for an author who does not pay too much attention to the account. You can get more real followers from 1394TA. I did so when I wanted to promote my fan account with pictures and news about my Kpop bias. I did not pay much, but they got me more than 1000 new followers in just a couple of minutes, and it was very cool. All those accounts were real, and the risk of getting banned for this is minimal. They will not be able to prove that it is not all those people who decided to follow you.

madbean

Quote from: izzygianino on June 16, 2022, 09:53:03 AM
It looks like you are doing not bad nowadays. More than 2k followers are nice for an author who does not pay too much attention to the account.

Just wait until I post the n00ds.