News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Instagram

Started by madbean, August 19, 2018, 10:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derpinador

THAT'S my problem.. all this time I've been posting roods...

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on June 16, 2022, 12:19:51 PM
Quote from: izzygianino on June 16, 2022, 09:53:03 AM
It looks like you are doing not bad nowadays. More than 2k followers are nice for an author who does not pay too much attention to the account.

Just wait until I post the n00ds.
Bwahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

I just now followed.  I came for the circuits but stayed for teh n00ds.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bantaxes

If you want to kickstart your presence, you can even explore options and buy Insta accounts to save some time and effort. Happy posting and reconnecting with your Insta community!

GrindCustoms

Just saw this, followed your account the other day with my other hobby account.

If you want to make that thing explode without putting in too much effort or pay for promotion or have an associated OF account linked to it, let me know.... ....i'd say i have a decent understanding of how to work the algorithm to your advantage.

But overall, that platform is now much more favorable to short reels based content, picture content is downed by the algorithm but you can still work around it. I average 500 new followers a months for the past 18 months and been quite smooth about it.

If going the picture route which is what i do mostly, contrast, impact and field of depth is what you want... them IG whores like to have their eyes pulled out their socket! I could take pictures of pcbs and what not i have and send them your way so you see what i mean, let me know!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

madbean

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 01, 2023, 05:51:12 PM

If you want to make that thing explode without putting in too much effort or pay for promotion or have an associated OF account linked to it, let me know.... ....i'd say i have a decent understanding of how to work the algorithm to your advantage.

But overall, that platform is now much more favorable to short reels based content, picture content is downed by the algorithm but you can still work around it. I average 500 new followers a months for the past 18 months and been quite smooth about it.

If going the picture route which is what i do mostly, contrast, impact and field of depth is what you want... them IG whores like to have their eyes pulled out their socket! I could take pictures of pcbs and what not i have and send them your way so you see what i mean, let me know!

You are a prince, Rej. I will definitely take you up on this soon. Esp. considering what I have planned for at the beginning of 2024. Thuper theecret.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: madbean on December 01, 2023, 05:53:40 PM

You are a prince, Rej. I will definitely take you up on this soon. Esp. considering what I have planned for at the beginning of 2024. Thuper theecret.

Roger Roger

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jjjimi84

Can you explain this a bit more?

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jjjimi84 on December 02, 2023, 03:28:45 PM

Can you explain this a bit more?

Will do, i just need to get at taking pictures and i'll post them in this  thread.

GrindCustoms

This is one style of photography that i use a lot and have great response with, trying to get some depth out of something that actually doesn't have much. If i was to make a complete post with this picture as the "opener", my next picture would focus on the details that i want to show most but keeping the same approach of having individual portions in focus, the rest blurry... ...it kinda force the user to engage in the post and scroll through all the pics and will likely bring them to push that like button.

Also, most of the "posting guides" you find on IG or other social media resources will tell to only use 5 or 10 hashtags, that's BS. The 5 to 10 first hashtags in your post are those that will generate the immediate response and follow up for the next 24 hours, so you should focus on the strongest for those first. The following ones are as important but you should be more vague about the targeted audience so you get a broader range and that will help to keep your post relevant and pop up in the search and explore page.

Beside that, about the photography itself, i'm no photograph at all, i just enjoy it. For the small stuff like this, i use a 30$ Amazon light box, it's what i've been using forever now. I'm using an off grid Pixel 3 phone with all the auto focus, filters, recognition, etc disabled. The only edit i do on my pictures is cropping them to a square so i get the full screen without border cut from IG. Reason why i don't use filters or any other edit is that as you layer filters on your source image, once it's treated by IG compression it ends up making it more "grainy" and you lose contrast and pop. So i'll just position the matter to be picture where i want it, place my phone and let it be exposed at least 5 seconds before taking the picture.

So yeah... ...that's my way to do things on IG, might sound like a lot with the novel i just wrote down but it's actually a no brainer, no real technique needed, straight to the point approach!

I'll try to make another exemple soon, with a complete pedal, gut shots and what not as if i was to do the promo of a new product and lay it down here.

Cheers!

jimilee

Can you manually set the aperture on that thing? That's what sets the depth of field. I'f you can set it to a small number like 16 or higher (2.8 is a higher number than 16, in this application.), you can manually focus on the center of the subject, making the close up and far away in focus.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on December 09, 2023, 07:44:27 PM
Can you manually set the aperture on that thing? That's what sets the depth of field. I'f you can set it to a small number like 16 or higher (2.8 is a higher number than 16, in this application.), you can manually focus on the center of the subject, making the close up and far away in focus.

I manually set where i want the focus, the idea is to have the image to not be completely clear, i explain in the write up.

jimilee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 09, 2023, 07:46:51 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 09, 2023, 07:44:27 PM

I manually set where i want the focus, the idea is to have the image to not be completely clear, i explain in the write up.
Ohhh, you would do the opposite of what I wrote. I was a freelance photographer for a long time. It's like being in a band. You starve until you break through or quit and get a real job.

GrindCustoms

I think that what IG scrollers are after is not what a professional photographer would think is needed, you're dealing with sweepers that have 1 second at most of attention span, you have to instantly get their attention without giving it all at once, otherwise they will just swipe to the next. By keeping a bit on the back end, you force that attention to stop on the matter at hand and swipe through your post. Now that you've satisfied the curiosity, you get a like and if you're able to get them to stop that way at each of your postings, you'll get a new followers.

jimilee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 09, 2023, 07:54:48 PM
I think that what IG scrollers are after is not what a professional photographer would think is needed, you're dealing with sweepers that have 1 second at most of attention span, you have to instantly get their attention without giving it all at once, otherwise they will just swipe to the next. By keeping a bit on the back end, you force that attention to stop on the matter at hand and swipe through your post. Now that you've satisfied the curiosity, you get a like and if you're able to get them to stop that way at each of your postings, you'll get a new followers.
I agree. If you can run it through a filter, like maybe the enhance in photoshop, you can enhance the reds making them a little more vivid. I like shiny and colorful things. But then again, I am a bass player. [emoji1787]