News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flim-flam bbd question

Started by Yahoo67, August 25, 2018, 09:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yahoo67

The flim-flam project in the diy section would it work if i used a mn3008 ? Or even a mn3007 xD i am learning how to use eagle (i made a fuzzolo and prune and custard board successfully!!!!) So i am on the hunt for easy looking schematics to practice on :)

While looking at the diffrent diy projects i had the idea of making a fuzz pedal with a switchable slap echo effect. I really dont need a lot of echo... just enough to had a bit of gravitas to my fuzzy goodness.

I raided a old electronic store a couple of months ago and got about 20 mn3008 and mn3007 are easy to source. Just finished a totall recall build last week and it sounds sooooo good !!!! Now i got a BBD fever !

So if its possible do i just have to replace the bbd ic in the schematic? Will it screw the clock ic ? Is this idea worth it ?

Scruffie

It'll work fine with a MN3008 or MN3007 (as long as you watch the pin out on the latter) but while the 3008 is probably nice in it, I suspect 25mS or 12.5mS from the MN3007 will be a bit short to add much in mono.

Anyway, there's no real concerns about using any of them.
Works at Lectric-FX

Yahoo67

Cool cool cool :) i will give it a go then ^^

Yahoo67

So I just finished making the schematic and using Brian's library I put a socket for a mn3008 and 3007 . I wanna test the 2 options on the same board . the chips don't have the same pinout but the drawing from the library do so can I just superimpose the 2 in the drawing section ? If yes then will I have to jumper anything? Don't know if that makes sense :\ English ain't my first language and I am pretty new a this eagle stuff !!! Thanks :)