News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ProfessorPoopyPedalPanorama.com Tommy Build

Started by jjjimi84, August 28, 2018, 02:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I have been painting like crazy lately to get all caught up, only three left! Here is a ProfessorPoopyPedalProjectsPanorama.com Tommy built to stock specs except i used a different IC a JRC4558 instead. I used this for the demo I put up a couple weeks ago and absolutely love this little guy. Bomb omb Baby!

cooder

Very nice graphics there! Great build, da bomb...
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

nice one. it's very clean and I love the graphics.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

ahiddentableau

I absolutely love that painting. 

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who'd be interested to hear more about your technique.  What kind of paint are you using?  What about surface prep?  Do you spray a clear sealer or lacquer on for durability?  What kind?  Any tips?  Any pitfalls you now avoid?  Etc. etc.  Can never have too much info on finishing.

Dkeclik

Wow, thank you very much. For my surface prep I keep it really simple, i wipe it with a clorox wipe and then dry it off. I once accidentally got some flux remover spray on a powder coated enclosure and it removed the finish, so i try to keep chemicals away. As for painting i use fine brushes from a craftstore and testors hobby paint, the little jars are like a buck and a half each.

How I paint enclosures is kinda backwards because i usually do it after its built tested and boxed. I like to do it that way so when i paint in the words the knobs don't cover up the lettering. For bomb omb I used black acrylic paint and kinda lightly sketchout the idea any lines that are wayward i let the paint dry and rub or chip it off with a exacto knife. Once The outline was done i filled in the eyes and feet, colored in the flame and did the gray outline. From there was using black matte acrylic to fill the bomb in and then i went over all of the line work with black enamal and used it to hide any flaws.

As for sealing them for long term i have just started to experiment, I tried mod podge on the back of one pedal and it did not give me a result i liked. I am going to drill and paint one this weekend and try a spray polyacrylic. I will post what i come up with for others.

Thanks for looking and i hope this helps answer your questions.

jjjimi84

Just realized my phone somehow has a different account name than my computer. Any the above information still applies, lol.

ahiddentableau

Thanks for taking the time to give the info.  Appreciated.  I'm about to try painting for the first time so I'm looking for whatever info and tips that I can get.

midwayfair

This looks excellent!

The best sealers I've found outside of doing a clear powdercoat for acrylic paints are just the spray Rustoleum Painter's Touch 2x. The semi-gross and matte seem to be a little more durable than the gloss, but the gloss looks really good. They won't last as long as a clear powdercoat so use your best judgment about what parts of the pedal will get the most wear and bumps and bruises and don't put art there. I don't know what kind of acrylics you're using, but model paints like Tamiya will hold up a little even if the top coat chips a little.

MJ_Sound_Cubed

Very good looking :) Both the enclosure and the wiring. :)
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

pickdropper

That is adorable.  Nice wiring, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

A necro thread but I did not want to miss my personal goal of one demo video a week. Here it is another bad demo video.
https://youtu.be/70DXwlVoGFA

cooder

BigNoise Amplification