News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Library files for SMD JFET MOSFET

Started by impycat1, August 30, 2018, 09:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impycat1

Hi
looking for JFET and MOSFET SMD librarys in eagle. Looking to build an Openhaus PCB but all SMD. Anyone have any libraries or know where I can find them. Finding them on google is confusing.

Cheers

Jan 

PMowdes2

There should be a part in the inbuilt managed libraries in eagle.  What version are you running?  i'll see if i can find one
DeadEndFX

impycat1

Hi its 9.1.3 but i'm really struggling to find the footprints I need.

PMowdes2

On the main window click on libraries.  then in the search bar at the bottom of the screen search SOT23.

there should be a bunch of components with that footprint (there are a number of different variants.

Once you have found what you are looking for you need to open your madbean library and import the SOT23 package into the transistors library.

Once you have done that you can create a library part and associate the SOT23 package
DeadEndFX

impycat1

Perfect
thank you very much.
Best wishes
Jan

stevie1556

I've had to do this several times for transistors. There is a few YouTube videos on copying library parts that are helpful. When you've created the part, connect a resistor to each or the transistor terminals in the schematic then load up the board editor to make sure each pin is correct as per the datasheet. Transistors all seem to use the SOT23 package but depending on the transistor type the pins are different.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk