News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow loris

Started by Bandersnatch, September 10, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandersnatch

I just finished it everything works as it should. I bought a light plate for it. I was thinking of using the cliping leds (D1 D2) for the light plate. I want to add more light but don't know if it will effect the sound? Is two leds enuf light for the plate? I have 2 3mm leds now. I don't want to drill and glue leds until I know. Thanks in advance.
"To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave"
Les.

madbean

Adding more LEDs will definitely change the clipping some. The two might be enough...I don't have any experience with light plates, though.

Bandersnatch

Thank you. Hopefully someone with light plate experience will chime in. What about changing size of leds? They are 3mm now what if I went to 5mm or 8mm high bright clear?
Les.

madbean

Quote from: Bandersnatch on September 10, 2018, 04:35:17 PM
Thank you. Hopefully someone with light plate experience will chime in. What about changing size of leds? They are 3mm now what if I went to 5mm or 8mm high bright clear?

5mm would be fine. Again, changing the LED type or color will change the clipping. Maybe not in a bad way but it's the kind of thing where you'd have to compare to see if you like it or not.

Bandersnatch

Ok I am going to mess around with them. Thanks again for your help. I will be posting a build report as soon as it is done.
Les.

chromesphere

I have made light plates with 2 leds (my profile picture), its 'enough' to see the pedal is on.  But this is using bypass leds, not clippers.  I have a feeling 2 x 3mm as clippers will be hard to notice in a light plate.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Bandersnatch

I ordered 2 8mm high bright clear red. I am going to see how much it changes the sound.
Les.