News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

OCD....

Started by Willybomb, September 23, 2018, 02:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  A friend of mine, who I've already built a stack of pedals for (Harley's Hammer, Phatboy, Hyperactive Overdrive, et al) saw my Dangerzone and said he wanted an OCD with the same artwork....

I tried his OCD (V4, I believe.  He sold it later on for whatever reason) with my gear a while ago, and I wasn't impressed.  Building this (V3 rev2) hasn't improved my opinion of it.  Might go better on single coils, but it just doesn't have the top end I like and sounds flubby with my gear.

madbean

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

drog_trog

How many versions of the OCD are there? And how do they differ?

JackSkellington

I drawn this:

I have to say that the connections of the switch aren't verified, but should be ok, they have just to change the value of the original values.

Though it doesn't answer completely to your question it could be useful, anyway.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

somnif

The pot being slightly tilted is triggering my OCD....

;D

drog_trog

Willybomb

QuoteThe pot being slightly tilted is triggering my OCD....

In all seriousness I think it's the angle of the camera.  The footswitch seems pretty much on a similar angle to the pot on the top right, if that's what you're referring to.  The Viper pot is slightly out of line with the Iceman pot though. That's bugging me...

QuoteI drawn this:
That looks pretty cool.  I think that would be very interesting to build.... but I'd be hard pressed to care enough to dedicate what might be a DD to a single dirt drive.  I could for something like a Crown Jewel (which I have ready to be populated on vero), but an OCD (which I'm already not a fan of)?  Not likely.

JackSkellington

Of course that layout is highly experimental and not necessary to build entirely, someone should chose just the switches and the parts wished.

Maybe just the biggest fan of the OCD could build it entirely! 8)
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»