News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Queen Mary II in my harbor

Started by movinginslomo, September 27, 2018, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

movinginslomo

This was in the harbor tuesday. I get a view of it out of my bedroom window. Looked hilarious as how huge the cruise ship is

mjg

That's cool.

I stayed on the Queen Mary (original) about 5 years back.  It's parked in Los Angeles and it was about the same price as a hotel, but more fun. 

The QM2 looks to be quite a bit larger than the first one. 

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

nzCdog

Bret608

Wow! I am a little scared of that thing. It looks as if it's about to crush the tiny people on the lighthouse jetty... :D

movinginslomo

Yea it's very huge for our small harbor. There's been talk about letting cruise ships of a certain size dock in the harbor, bust most town (city technically) citizens oppose it as the cruise ship passengers really don't spend too much tourist dollars in in town, as the town main st is mostly high end art galleries and boutiques and foodie restaurants

MJ_Sound_Cubed

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

EBRAddict

Quote from: movinginslomo on October 01, 2018, 03:42:52 PM
Yea it's very huge for our small harbor. There's been talk about letting cruise ships of a certain size dock in the harbor, bust most town (city technically) citizens oppose it as the cruise ship passengers really don't spend too much tourist dollars in in town, as the town main st is mostly high end art galleries and boutiques and foodie restaurants

I just spent a week on a cruise and had plenty of time to observe and read about the shore economics. An average cruise port call dumps $250k into the local economy, but... the cruise lines and "partner" businesses will set up shop to milk almost all that money from the passengers. Low quality jewelry, liquor, knockoff designer clothing and accessories. The cruise lines will promote the shore businesses which pay big $$$ to be in the cruise line marketing campaigns. Then, the cruise line takes a cut (off the top) of the store's receipts. The "deals" are horrible for the passengers. The ship wifi and the shops' wifi all block Amazon. The passengers don't know it, but their wallets never left the ship. I'm not anti business, but I feel they promote deals and there is no such thing.