News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Secret Sauce (GC Chimaera)

Started by Leevibe, October 05, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

This was built on a Grind Customs Chimaera board that I've had populated for a very long time. I had the Sriracha idea for a while too and one day it dawned on me that a "Roostaur" would be funny. So, here it is!

The chrome graphics were done by thermally bonding embossing foil onto an acetate sheet that I had laser printed the graphic onto. I used UV curing resin and a UV LED to bond the acetate down to the surface of the pedal. Then I used regular ET to cover the top. The Sriracha cap knobs came from BLMS. The enclosure is a red starlight powder coat from PPP. Unfortunately, I couldn't capture the depth of color and sparkle that the pedal displays in real life. It's a pretty deep candy clear with lots of sparkle. It looks really good. This also has a 3D printed board bracket, wire guides, and jack mounting bracket. That lets the power jack mount to the bracket instead of the enclosure which insets it nicely. The clear wire insulation is just 1/16" clear heat shrink tube over prebonded 24ga wire that I stripped the insulation off. It didn't end up looking as cool as I was hoping but I still like it. I guess it pretty much looks like speaker wire.

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoy it.

Aleph Null

Insides look super clean. The roostaur is genius!

pickdropper

Haha, that graphic.

Nice clean build, of course, but that graphic steals the show.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bio77

Awesome graphics.  Really nice build!

sjaustin

cooder

Neato! Most excellent all around and a great laugh on the graphics! What's not to like...!
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

First thing I noticed was that graphic - I think I've been doing this hobby too long, as I got the joke straight away.   ;)

But after I got over the 'roostaur' I noticed the rest.  Nice job all round!  The 3D printed brackets and holders make it super neat.  And UV bonded metal printing?  What is this magic? 

Keep this one handy for build of the year I think. 

wstimson

This is amazing.  Great work, sir.

Marshall Arts

Fantastic, as usual, Lee. Build of the year, for sure!

jimilee

Best graphic for that pedal yet. Very nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

Thanks, my buds. Glad you like it!

ahiddentableau

Definite gold star for the image.  That's genius.

benny_profane

Beautiful build! I really like the integration of 3D printed parts. Do you have the files for the mounting bracket to share? That seems like a much more elegant solution than double-sided tape on the solder side of the pcb when using off-board pots.

Leevibe

I had an inspired breakfast this morning

m-Kresol

hilarious idea and superbly executed! love it
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials