News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NSD

Started by Freppo, September 28, 2018, 01:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freppo

New Syntesizer Day  8)  :D

I had to sell a bunch of studio gear to afford it... :P I've only played with it for around 5 hours, but I really like it so far.
The matrix digital patchbay is brilliant. Almost like having a modular system, but with the ability to save all the routing.
The analog DDB based effects are great too, and every parameter can be modulated. You can also run your guitar through it...  :o

jjjimi84

That thing is a beauty! Can you run your guitar into it and the out of it to an amp, using it for different mod sounds?

diablochris6

That looks great. What a buy!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Freppo

Quote from: jjjimi84 on September 28, 2018, 03:01:03 PM
That thing is a beauty! Can you run your guitar into it and the out of it to an amp, using it for different mod sounds?

Yes, you can!

I think I'll have to make a video about it. :)

It can do tremolo, modulated filters, delays and weird modulated delays that can go into self oscillation, sequencer controlled gating (for rythmic effects) and more. All this with normal wave-shapes, but it also has sample & hold and random waveshapes... and you can modulate the LFO speeds with another LFO and the effect depths aswell for super crazy sounds. It even has a dedicated envelope follower for the instrument input, for funky filter sounds, and that envelope can be set to control almost any other parameter aswell. It blows my mind how much cool things it can do with a guitar...

jjjimi84

You gotta post some videos of that! That melts my tiny little brain just thinking about all the stuff you could do.

alanp

Wow! What a monster! 8)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

p_wats

Very cool. I've gone in a more portable synth direction (recently got a Deluge), but have been very tempted by these

nzCdog

That's absolutely beautiful!  Love to hear it in action :)

cooder

Knobs and blinking lights galore... hours of fun I'm sure! Congrats on the acquisition!
BigNoise Amplification

stringsthings

Wow!  That's a keeper!

Hardware synths are so cool.   My first hardware synth got water damage and I held on to it as long as I could.
Now, I'm just real happy with a good MIDI controller and well written software.
All You Need Is Love

selfdestroyer

Damn those MatrixBrutes are massive. Looks like loads of fun!

MJ_Sound_Cubed

Well done :)

More than 6 strings, but better than a Fenders 121 frets? :)
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

peAk

Awesome man

Arturia is really doing some cool stuff.

Freppo

Quote from: p_wats on September 28, 2018, 10:12:36 PM
Very cool. I've gone in a more portable synth direction (recently got a Deluge), but have been very tempted by these

Didn't know about the Deluge. It looks amazing, especially as a drum sequencer / performance synth. :)
It would be a perfect compliment... hmmm  ::)

Quote from: stringsthings on September 29, 2018, 03:10:35 AM
Hardware synths are so cool. My first hardware synth got water damage and I held on to it as long as I could.
Now, I'm just real happy with a good MIDI controller and well written software.

Sorry to hear about the water damage. That sucks.
Software synth can be awesome, but I really like the limitations of real hardware, and the knobs... :)

Quote from: peAk on September 30, 2018, 02:10:54 PM
Arturia is really doing some cool stuff.

Yeah, they do very cool stuff. The matrixbrute is quite the engineering feat.
But I was very tempted to get a Moog Grandmother or a Dominion 1 aswell.

skyled

While not quite as impressive as the Matrixbrute, I just picked up a Novation X-Station 25. It's a 25 key, 8 voice virtual analog synth. Unlike most controllers and virtual synths in general these days, it has a ton of knobs and faders and buttons, all of which can be midi mapped to control your computer based synth.

I picked it up for $100, going price is usually $200-250. The only thing wrong with it is a knob is missing and I can't find a replacement one that will fit.
http://www.vintagesynth.com/novation/x-station