News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small Blue Box

Started by pickdropper, October 14, 2018, 05:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I've had this board sitting for a while and finally got a chance to box it.  It's basically a mini version of the deep blue delay.  I had made a SMT version a while back, but decided to do a through-hole version for fun.

The boards still had flux on them when I took the photos.  I've since washed them, but haven't taken new photos.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

zombie_rock123

Outdone yourself with the artwork, bloody love it and I'm not even a fan of the show. Thought youd done an MXR blue box in a 1590a by the title!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

m-Kresol

great stuff and super clean as always
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

thomasha

Amazing!
This one probably sits next to the sonic screwdriver in your pedal board.

matmosphere

Love it! Huge fan of the show. I gotta say though there is literally no more space for and more stuff in there. I don't know how you do it so gracefully.

matmosphere

What are your thoughts on the new doctor? I thought she was great, but time will tell.

pickdropper

Quote from: Matmosphere on October 14, 2018, 06:23:20 AM
What are your thoughts on the new doctor? I thought she was great, but time will tell.

I enjoyed the first episode, but it's always difficult to tell by the first episode after a changeover because they haven't shown the full personality and quirkiness of the doctor yet.  My initial impression is that she is a good cast and will be a good fit, but it really depends on how sharp the writing ends up being for her.  I felt that Capaldi had all the qualities as an actor to be an excellent doctor, but I felt many of his episodes were bogged down by Moffat's story arcs.  I did find it improved during his final season, however.  I believe the writing team is new to the series, so I am hoping they bring a bit of a fresh perspective.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Ekimneets

Wow again.

I hope to be half as good as you someday.

I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my builds.

I mean, I was lucky recently, to have someone comment on my untidy flux. I was unaware of that and what a simple fix to have it look soo much better.

Is there anything that you would mind sharing that you do with your builds, things that you have noticed in mine and/or others builds or simply some things you wish you would have done from the start?

-Mike
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

mjg

Damn.  The graphics, that blue finish, the knobs that look like part of the TARDIS.... Damn. 

I am assuming that the graphics are laser etched?  It almost looks like a foil print or something.

Watched the first episode of the new doctor the other night, and enjoyed it.  We ended up skipping most of the last season.  It was just wearing a bit thin.  Hopeful that the new Doctor will turn things around (not to mention new writers).

ahiddentableau

Your gutshots kill and they kill every single time. 

Also: I don't know what hookup wire did to you--maybe it wronged you in a past life?--but you're definitely paying it back.  Never a wire in sight.

How did you do the graphics, anyway?  At first I thought laser etch, but after looking again now I'm not so sure.  Looks fantastic however you did it.

cooder

Yep, that flux is playing on your mind again...  ;)

Spiffin build inside out. I couldn't care less about flux residue looking at it.
BigNoise Amplification

Ekimneets

I've got my mind on my flux and flux on my mind!

-M
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

Damn Dave.. super clean.