News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Super Tone Control

Started by Aleph Null, October 15, 2018, 08:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

Anderton's Super Tone Control on vero (layout form Tagboard Effects). This circuit behaves more like something you'd find in a synth than a guitar amp or channel strip. It can produce a wide range of sounds, but the controls are highly interactive, which can make it a little fiddly.

Originally, I had wanted to do pictographic labels for the controls, but there wasn't enough space with all the knobs. Once I had decided to name it "EQ", I settled on two-letter labels. From left to right, top to bottom they are: Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass, Level, Center Frequency, Resonance, (and a resonance low/high toggle).

Finish is printer paper and Mod Podge under an acrylic clear coat.

18v charge pump built in. The original schematic calls for a dual-gang A10k for CF. I could only source an A100k. I upped the 33r resistors to 330r and it works as it should. The A10k LV pot keeps the output impedance low. RZ is wired backwards because it felt more intuitive.

I used solid 18awg wire to the resonance switch to act as stand offs. This floats the board over the LV and CF pots.