News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Homer - Cosmopolitan = FUN

Started by eldanko, October 11, 2011, 09:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

I've had this thing 99% finished for a couple of weeks now waiting for an AC127.  The transistor showed up tonight, so I popped it in, mixed and matched a few BC109s to voice it and voila - it's done.  I love it!  It's like a well behaved fuzz with really great controls.  Stacks really well - I can see why lots of guys have these.

BTW - Oversized electrolytic caps are dead sexy.  Just sayin.

Translation: ordered a bunch of the wrong size from Newark.  Expect to see more of these in my build reports.   ;D

Side note: used t-shirt transfers for the graphics on this.  I'm having a love-hate relationship with them right now.  Sometimes, I get them to adhere and look all pretty with no problems (as in this case).  Other times, they bubble up and get all ugly when I spray them with poly.  Anyone else trying to use them instead of decals?  The colors print so much better on these things...

Anyway, would love any feedback you guys have!

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Why you little!!!!!....  ;D

Nice job!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

thetrend77

madmac

Thats a really great looking build.  I have to say that the cosmo is definitely my favourite build to date.  I like it more than any of the other distortion, overdrive pedals that I have built.  Great response, super versatile and yes stacks so nicely!  I think I will have to give the luunar a go as well.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Hehe..soo good!! Something about that yelllllooww
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Quote from: eldanko on October 11, 2011, 09:14:56 PM

BTW - Oversized electrolytic caps are dead sexy.  Just sayin.

True story...  Now I feel like a donut!
Nice build! ;)

crash

Awesome!!!  Even has the Groening font.

petesz

TNblueshawk

John

eldanko

Quote from: crash on October 12, 2011, 05:34:16 PM
Awesome!!!  Even has the Groening font.

That font is called "Akbar" for anyone else who is doing a similar theme  ;)

bangerang101

Looks awesome, great build and neat graphics...nicely done!

Also FYI, don't know if you already knew this or not but, you can just use two mono jacks (as opposed to one mono and one stereo) if your not using a battery snap.
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

eldanko

Quote from: bangerang101 on October 17, 2011, 06:43:57 PM
Looks awesome, great build and neat graphics...nicely done!

Also FYI, don't know if you already knew this or not but, you can just use two mono jacks (as opposed to one mono and one stereo) if your not using a battery snap.

Thanks man!  Yeah, I usually throw a stereo jack in anyway just in case the pedal ends up in the hands of someone who likes batteries.  I just happen to be out of snaps...

OH SNAP

Geez I'm corny.