News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bixonic Expandora

Started by zombiesonore, October 20, 2018, 08:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiesonore

Hello everyone!A guy asked me for a clone of a Bixonic Expandora, which I didn't know about, and I've discovered an interesting circuit.I designed a PCB and ordered it with OSH Park. I've choose to use a 2P4T rotary switch in place of the original internal DIP switches.
Everything turns great and you can see the results.
I've 1 PCB left over If someone is interested.
Thanks for reading!

ahiddentableau

gordo

Holy crap that's a clean build.  Very simple and elegant looking inside and out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

That looks really great, nice job.

Netnnk

Good idea to use the rotary switch.  Is "bite" like the Ruetz mod on rats?  How effective is it? Do you notice anything when in "forbidden" mode? 

Rockhorst

Cool looking box, great looking PCB. What did you use for the opto? H11F1? I might be interested in that spare board by the way.

zombiesonore

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
The sticker is plain because the buyer just wanted it like that. I like to do simple and clean but I also like to put some graphics with it... another time... Maybe for the one I will build for myself ;-)
QuoteIs "bite" like the Ruetz mod on rats?  How effective is it? Do you notice anything when in "forbidden" mode?
Yes "bite" is the Ruetz mod. I find it very effective in the 3 "normal" gain mode. In "Forbiden/insane" mode it does strictly nothing.
QuoteWhat did you use for the opto? H11F1? I might be interested in that spare board by the way.
No, I've used H11F3. Banzaimusic have it. If you want a board, shoot me a PM. I've paid $29.85 for 3 boards, so 10$ + shipping for a board? For the rotary switch you'll need an AlphaSR1712F-0204. Mouser sells them.