News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover

Started by madbean, October 12, 2011, 08:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

A very sweet flanger indeed. Sounds much more jet-flange like w/ the color up than the real one I have. I was hoping you'd explore the extreme slower sounds as that's how I use mine most of the time. I'm so stoked to built this and A/B them.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Jet planes!  Nice sounding flanger! :)

crash

So when is it ready for sale?

azrael

can i has more filter matrix demoz? thats what i like about the Mistress.

TNblueshawk

Fantastic sound and great etch.

And nice sock  :P
John

madbean

Gray socks are the footwear of champions.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

It will be in the next batch of orders, which will also include the DirtBag. I had hoped to have already placed the order but I expect to be ready to do so this coming week. That puts the release at either the very end of this month or the beginning of November.

LaceSensor

How obtainable are the chips required for this? Either way I'll be all over it I reckon.

madbean

Everything is easy to get.

willc

The video demo was great. Some awesome flange going on.

Somehow it is not right hearing these sounds out of such a small enclosure.

In true EHX style I want to make mine about lunchbox size.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: willc on October 15, 2011, 10:10:43 PM
The video demo was great. Some awesome flange going on.

Somehow it is not right hearing these sounds out of such a small enclosure.

In true EHX style I want to make mine about lunchbox size.
:D I have the Electric Mistress and never truer words have been spoken.
John

madbean

I'm really surprised myself. The thing that surprises me the most, though, is how much easier it was to dial in the bias and clock and get these results. I just did it by ear. The MXR117 is proving significantly more difficult. I think it has even more intense flange, but it's a real PITA. I'm gonna have to turn the scope on for that one.

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on October 16, 2011, 02:21:11 PM
I'm really surprised myself. The thing that surprises me the most, though, is how much easier it was to dial in the bias and clock and get these results. I just did it by ear. The MXR117 is proving significantly more difficult. I think it has even more intense flange, but it's a real PITA. I'm gonna have to turn the scope on for that one.
The MXR definitley has a more intense flange, i'm thinking it's going to be a great candidate for Through Zero Flange modification (which reminds me, will it have send & return pads too like the Electric Mistress?)

What size enclosure are you aiming for the 117? Don't think you've posted an overlay of the PCB yet, does it have an onboard charge pump for the 3007? (Crossing my fingers for this).

I found my original electric mistress build easy enough to dial in but dialing it for a good sound was a little tricker, I kept getting a dead spot at the top of my sweep, think it can be a bit luck of the draw with flangers, my A/DA took me 5 minutes with no scope to dial in perfectly.
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

The MXR one is 125B, PCB mounted pots and has an onboard charge pump and regulator. It's about the same size as the Current Lover.