News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Barranca Overdrive (EQD Palisades-ish)

Started by storyboardist, October 11, 2018, 01:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Great job David. I love how compact you made it and the daughter boards are genius for the shoehorning.

storyboardist

Thanks guys!

Brane, here's the 1P6T model. I didn't make a 2P3T but it shouldn't be too hard to copy and modify it in the Eagle library editor.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

brejna

jduma

What settings were you not fond of? I may socket somethings in my Palisades variant, because I am generally not a huge fan of hard clipping.

storyboardist

Quote from: jduma on October 18, 2018, 12:38:59 PM
What settings were you not fond of? I may socket somethings in my Palisades variant, because I am generally not a huge fan of hard clipping.

It was mostly just personal taste. Some of the less bassy options in the Bandwidth control were too thin for me, but might be better with humbuckers. I may have only played this with single coils now that I think about it... As for the clipping, they're all just different flavors. None of the clipping options are hard clipping though.

ahiddentableau

Awesome.  I like the graphics--the mountain woodcut thing.  Very cool.

How did mod podge work for you?  I've been experimenting with it on my builds lately, too, but never for a label.  Did it work well?  And what type did you use?  Matte?

storyboardist

Quote from: ahiddentableau on October 19, 2018, 09:25:06 PM
Awesome.  I like the graphics--the mountain woodcut thing.  Very cool.

How did mod podge work for you?  I've been experimenting with it on my builds lately, too, but never for a label.  Did it work well?  And what type did you use?  Matte?

Thanks man! I've been pretty pleased with the Mod Podge and done a few pedals with it.

That last one was my first attempt and brush strokes are still very visible. If you have enough layers of the Mod Podge built up you can flat sand and clear coat over it.

And yes, that is the matte type.

ahiddentableau

I know what you mean about the brushstrokes.  But I have to say that I'm kind of fond of the texture you get with mod podge--I like the unevenness.  Gives it character.  The thing I don't like is that I feel it's not going to hold up over time.  It never really gets hard.  I mean hard hard--like "I feel ok stomping on this thing" hard.  That's my only complaint.  I was thinking about trying some envirotex over the top as a kind of durability layer.

Aleph Null

Quote from: ahiddentableau on October 23, 2018, 04:02:51 PM
I know what you mean about the brushstrokes.  But I have to say that I'm kind of fond of the texture you get with mod podge--I like the unevenness.  Gives it character.  The thing I don't like is that I feel it's not going to hold up over time.  It never really gets hard.  I mean hard hard--like "I feel ok stomping on this thing" hard.  That's my only complaint.  I was thinking about trying some envirotex over the top as a kind of durability layer.
Mod Podge does make outdoor and hard coat formulations. I've had great success with the hard coat, both as the final coat and under an acrylic clear coat.